“Quicker service and it would be my top Thai pick in town”

Suwana's Thai Orchid
Ranked #76 of 830 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tis restaurant is the best in Asheville.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I love the quality of the food, they are accommodating re. spice level (they even have a 'stupid-hot' should you desire, with fresh & tasty ingredients. I also really like the female servers, they're typically lovely Thai ladies with a great sense of humor, the male server whilst polite is very very shy and almost seems like the family member that has been dragged into the business!

My only real 'complaint' and it's not really because it just gives me more time to drink wine, is that the entree takes at least 45 mins to come out, maybe that's because I've always been in a group of 5-6 people? Perhaps, but it would be nice to have slightly swifter service especially as I've had plans each evening after I've eaten there. All in all, you won't be disappointed with the quality of food that you get here.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I'm pretty picky about my curries, but this one was well done. Rice was fresh and sticky, sauce was flavorful . Only complaint is that there wasn't enough tofu in the tofu curry.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Have eaten here several times in the past when passing through Asheville.
Stopped in this week for a quick lunch. The food was just as delicious as I had remembered.
Very pleasant, friendly service. Ordered the basil chicken at medium spice level. Really flavorful.
Crunchy veggies. Exactly the right amount of spiciness. I will be sure to stop in again when I'm in Asheville.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

On a downtown outing during our trip to Asheville, we stumbled upon this little gem. Thai food typically has vegetarian and vegan options and this place didn't disappoint. Just make certain to tell them you are vegetarian or vegan and to leave off the fish sauce. Delicious Vegan Thai at a good price.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

A great place to stop for lunch when in Asheville for the weekend. Great food and great service. It's a little tiny place which can get crowded at times, but where there's a crowd, there's usually good food. Once again, this proved to be true.