“One of my new favorite restaurants”

Suwana's Thai Orchid
Ranked #133 of 823 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tis restaurant is the best in Asheville.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great food and great service!! Had the steamed dumplings for appetizer...yum....wish I had some right now!! My friend and I both ordered curry dishes with chicken and both were delicious. Mine was red curry and a little spicy but not too much. And the best part....we were able to get seated quickly on a busy Saturday night. I think we just got lucky on that one, though!! I will definitely go back to this establishment when I visit Asheville again.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Loved the food! However, it was a little loud in the restaurant. But it didn't ruin our experience. Fresh, tasty Thai food. Delicious chai tea. Our entrees were plentiful, too bad we couldn't bring our leftovers bc we were leaving next day. Highly recommend. Busy place.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Having spent several months in Thailand I can say that the food here is about a close to Thailand as you will find.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Join the young and hip crowd for delicious, authentic Thai cuisine in the heart of downtown Asheville. The space is a long, open dining hall constantly buzzing with activity. There is no hostess but the wait staff was quite adept at fielding the hungry patrons. Our wait time was quite reasonable. We enjoyed an intimate table nestled in the front window. Our server was sincere and certainly a veteran of the industry. Our appetizers came out very quickly. The dumplings were heavy and fishy, not what I had hoped for but the spring roll was fresh, light and offered a nice counter balance. Our entrees were slow to arrive, but more than worth the wait. Our server was apologetic for the delay. The red curry duck was incredible. Served in a deep bowl, the curry sauce was one of the most well balanced I have ever enjoyed. The coconut milk offered a succulent creaminess to the dish. We asked for medium spice and it was spot on! I could pour that sauce over rice and eat it every day! My Phad Prink King with beef was also perfectly seasoned with a spicy ginger sauce. The green beans offered just the right amount of crispiness. Go before 7 pm for minimal wait time! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This restaurant is a find. The staff is friendly and attentive, the food is tasty , fresh with a unique style. A must to eat here for Thai while in Asheville!