“Marvelous Tai Restaurant”

Suwana's Thai Orchid
Ranked #137 of 792 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tis restaurant is the best in Asheville.
Roslyn, New York
“Marvelous Tai Restaurant”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

After dinner, I walked out with a big smile on my face. Besides having a terrific dinner, we met Suwana, the owner, who was so welcoming. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. Everything we ordered was delicious. There is a mango dessert but I didn't want it with sticky rice and coconut sauce. I just wanted the mango. It was the sweetest mango I have ever eaten!
I highly recommend this restaurant! You will love it!

• Visited April 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Thai Orchid Asheville”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Excellent food, Packed restaurant. Authentic thai not fusion. Service was a bit slow though. Fair prices. Hot is very spicey not wimpy like other places. Love the Pad Thai shrimp.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Lan F
Asheville, North Carolina
“Love the thai fried rice”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

When Suwana's moved downtown from East Asheville, it was hard not to think, "oh great, another Asian restaurant downtown," but my husband and I have come to love this place. We usually go there for lunch as my husband's office used to be on the same block, and the friendly owners and staff always recognize us. My husband would get takeout from there so often that they started giving him the "special" spicy sauce that regulars get, and they are just generally nice folks. I haven't had bad food there, but the one dish that stands out above all others is the thai fried rice. That's one of those dishes I use as a standard for asian places, and I haven't found a better one yet. It that isn't greasy, the veggies are fresh and plentiful and the flavors are fantastic. I usually get it with chicken. A great deal for lunch, and a romatic atmosphere for dinner.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank sarahyla
Asheville, NC
“Medium heat is our favorite”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We are locals and eat at Suwana's Thai Orchid mostly for lunch. Tonight's dinner was as delicious as we have come to expect. I got my "usual" drunken noodles: rice noodles with vegetables in a spicy whisky broth. My husband had his "usual" sweet and sour chicken. As a change, we had the steamed dumplings instead of the spring rolls. Tender, delicious with a dipping sauce that worked well. Service was pleasant and fast.
We were there early (5:30pm), and by the time we left, the restaurant was full.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mikemarsha
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good pad Thai”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Really tasty pad Thai, good Thai iced tea, great location in downtown Asheville. Went for lunch had reasonable prices.

1 Thank Cessnatravel