“Great Studio and Schedule”

Asheville Yoga Center
Ranked #11 of 44 Spas & Wellness in Asheville
Knoxville, Tennessee
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Great Studio and Schedule”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was in town on Sunday with a narrow window to catch a yoga class. There are lots of classes, so I was able to choose one that fit my time frame. It was just what I was looking for in a yoga class. Nice, clean, roomy studio full of friendly yogis. Challenging, but not overly so.

Visited March 2013

Greenville, South Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Yoga Destination”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have just returned from Asheville and the Asheville Yoga Center. Whenever I travel I check out the yoga scene online and try to sample the local offerings. This is different, this is the destination you travel to and then check out the other sites in and around this funky earthy mountain city.

The brand new studio is the nicest I have ever done a class in with 2 beautiful sunlit studios. Ample lobby, changing areas and even shower are side benefits as is as the nice retail shop.

But it's the incredible teachers and highly sophisticated anvanced community of practitioners that make Asheville Yoga Center the regional resource that it is. Many different styles of yoga, all levels of classes , teacher training and workshops galore make this a great place to take a class or spend a weekend or more.

Asheville, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent place”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

After going through a lot of things in my life, I decided to start doing some exercise. I didn’t want to do that gym-cardio thing. I wanted to workout my body and my soul. Then a friend of mine said I should go and start visiting this magnificent place. It has been two years after my first yoga class. I surely recommend this place because besides you can practice different yoga styles people there is very welcoming. The boutique is lovely and the classrooms are always impeccably clean. Most important of all is that classes and workshops are affordable.

Visited January 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great variety of classes, don't miss”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The studio moved down the block to new quarters since my visit in 2011. Spacious and well managed foyer/registration area. Both my 2012 classes in a large, clean classroom with a laminate floor, painted walls; equipment is minimal for a studio--mats, blocks, blankets, straps. Good instructors who moved you through a variety of traditional yoga postures and gave alternatives. Both instructors I had gave extra attention to those who were new or misaligning. I'm used to gym yoga, so the amount of spiritual chatter/inner peace lecturing that went on throughout the practice was a bit distracting. Still, this is one of the 2 best places to do yoga when visiting.

Visited July 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great place for yoga”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Asheville has a lot of yoga options, but I love the Asheville Yoga Center because the teachers are diverse and skilled, the environment is soothing and relaxing, and there is a "$5 Good Karma" class nearly every day. Affordable yoga taught by people who love teaching yoga.

Visited May 2012