“Too much, obviously cheap, cheese”

Frank's Roman Pizza
Ranked #398 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I made the mistake of coming in on an slow Sunday afternoon. (Hoping that is the case) Because staff was short, not helpful and rude. Our large, half cheese half feta and spinage pizza was incredibly under cooked which did not pair well with the goobs of cheese, masking any flavor that might have been. Crust was tasteless and bland. Disappointing to say the least. Frank please learn to make pizza correctly, ratio of cheese to sauce to dough is crucial. Don't get me started on bland "garlic" bread or the pizza sauce being served as "marinara". We won't be back till things improve.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

OK . I was hungry on a Saturday at 6pm after a day of errands. I was going to go to Mellow Mushroom downtown on the recommendation of a saleswoman who has lived here 35 years. Instead I made a fast turn into Frank's on Tunnel Road and I regret it big time.

This place is dumpy and over-hyped. I ordered a small Greek salad which was made with iceberg lettuce, canned, sliced black olives, feta and one small pepperoncini. There was nothing Greek about it at all. Dreadfully bland. As a follow up I had two slices of cheese pizza with mushrooms and pepperoni. The mushrooms were canned, the pepperoni super slim, the dough doughy and the sauce nondescript.

As an aside the Gaelic Ale was nice and cold.

I love good quality food. Frank's doesn't.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Frank's Pizza is simply the best in Asheville even with strong competitors such as Marco's and Asheville Pizza. First and foremost the crust is excellent. Crisp, crunchy and chewy with great flavor. No limp pizza here. The tomato sauce is also excellent and the cheese and toppings are generous.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

The stromoli is big enough for three!!! The pizza was also excellent. Plan on a doggy bag. They could improve their wine offerings.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I thought the pizza was pretty poor. It's so tasteless they have to put garlic powder on each table. The dining area was frankly nasty. Doughy, tasteless crust, slightly underbaked in my case. If it had much of a sauce, I could not taste it. Generic, plastic cheese. Other reviews were good; maybe I was just there on a bad day. Pepsi, no Coke.