“BLAH PIZZA. DISAPPOINTING.” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Clearwater, Florida
“BLAH PIZZA. DISAPPOINTING.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

OK . I was hungry on a Saturday at 6pm after a day of errands. I was going to go to Mellow Mushroom downtown on the recommendation of a saleswoman who has lived here 35 years. Instead I made a fast turn into Frank's on Tunnel Road and I regret it big time.

This place is dumpy and over-hyped. I ordered a small Greek salad which was made with iceberg lettuce, canned, sliced black olives, feta and one small pepperoncini. There was nothing Greek about it at all. Dreadfully bland. As a follow up I had two slices of cheese pizza with mushrooms and pepperoni. The mushrooms were canned, the pepperoni super slim, the dough doughy and the sauce nondescript.

As an aside the Gaelic Ale was nice and cold.

I love good quality food. Frank's doesn't.

• Visited September 2013

Asheville, North Carolina
“Great NY Style Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Frank's Pizza is simply the best in Asheville even with strong competitors such as Marco's and Asheville Pizza. First and foremost the crust is excellent. Crisp, crunchy and chewy with great flavor. No limp pizza here. The tomato sauce is also excellent and the cheese and toppings are generous.

• Visited August 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Stromboli This”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

The stromoli is big enough for three!!! The pizza was also excellent. Plan on a doggy bag. They could improve their wine offerings.

• Visited May 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Did Not Care for It”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I thought the pizza was pretty poor. It's so tasteless they have to put garlic powder on each table. The dining area was frankly nasty. Doughy, tasteless crust, slightly underbaked in my case. If it had much of a sauce, I could not taste it. Generic, plastic cheese. Other reviews were good; maybe I was just there on a bad day. Pepsi, no Coke.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
“Pizza in a big way.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here and ordered delivery here a few times lately and our experiences have been great. The last time we ordered, there was a miscommunication(on my part) and I had to go pick up our order, they made sure my order was piping hot when I arrived to pick it up. Also, they had actually already closed but allowed me to go ahead and pick it up; even helped carry it out to my car. The pizza was delicious as usual. A great place with good food and great service.

• Visited May 2013