“Great dining experience for Candlelight Christmas”
Review of Stable Cafe

Stable Cafe
Ranked #43 of 788 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great dining experience for Candlelight Christmas”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a dinner reservation here for the Candlelight Christmas tour, and just during this event does the restaurant open for dinner with a fixed price for a three course meal.

First, our server just could not have been better. He is a bald guy from New Jersey who treated us like old friends. He earned every dollar of his tip.

The first course I got the potato bisque, and it was phenomenal. For the main course I got the ribeye with bacon spoon bread. When I didn't care for the spoon bread, the waiter brought me a side of the mashed potatoes which are some of the best I have ever tasted! My dad ordered the salmon which was perfect, and two at the table got the roasted chicken which was moist and flavorful.

The desserts were good, and although it was pricey, it was worth it for the atmosphere, delicious food, and excellent service.

Visited January 2014

Simpsonville, SC
“Not Impressed for the Money!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I took our two grown children and a daughter-in-law to see Biltmore for Christmas. We wanted to treat the kids for a special night out and decided to try the Stables (of course via Biltmore reservations) since our 'reserved' time for Biltmore in the evening didn't enable us to have dinner at 'The Corner Kitchen' that evening.

The view inside the Stables is spectacular. Tables are close to each other, but very beautiful all the craftsmanship. However, the food not so spectacular. At Christmas time, there is a set menu (not informed of) and you choose from what is listed. My son had veal link sausage. I know, doesn't sound too weird, but my son couldn't even eat it. It was NOT good and I love veal. Just an odd flavor, too many spices or something. I stuck strickly to rotisserie chicken, but that tasted like most everyone else's rotisserie chicken. Desserts was just ok. My other son had the vegetarian meal of some type of pumpkin soufflee. He said he was ok and finished about 1/3 of it. Tasted it as well, I wouldn't have eaten 1/3 of it, so he did pretty good to me. Husband and daughter-in-law as steak and they enjoyed theirs.

Five people finished dinner, with tip included, for $300.00. Not worth the money.

• Visited December 2013
“Nice way to end the Biltmore tour”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Very enjoyable lunch after our tour. Everything was delicious. The sampler for two was wonderful. Lots of meat! Bison burger was very delicious! Half rotisserie chicken very tender...family of four 64.00...a little pricey for lunch.....

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Great Place for Lunch”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our lunch. We had a barbeque plate with fries and cole slaw. It was very good. We thought it was fun eating where they kept the horses years ago. We got there right when they opened at 11 am for lunch and were seated right away. I'm not sure I would want to have dinner there, but it's a great place for a quick lunch.

• Visited December 2013
Salisbury, North Carolina, United States
“Good food, crowded but good service”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The food was good, we had a problem with it but they corrected it without a hassle. Most of the time there is a pretty good wait. Our lunch was included in our hotel vacation package. It is a little pricey but going to Biltmore is a special occasion so I wouldn't mind eating there at the regular price.

Visited December 2013