“Superb entrees”
Review of Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey
Ranked #78 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Bar, American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: What constitutes "New South Flavors?" For us, it is begins with reverence for those time-honored Southern dishes. Served up by wonderful home cooks for years. We respect the freshness, the flavors and the food itself. But we like to jazz it up a little, add something deliciously unexpected to delight your palate. Our interpretation of traditional Southern fare is creative, inventive and satisfyingly scrumptious. Cheers to New South Flavor!
Greenville, South Carolina
“Superb entrees”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Loved this restaurant so much we ate there twice over the weekend!!!!! Lunch and breakfast. Best biscuits and jelly and the waiter and waitress were MOST attentive. All the food tasted very fresh and well presented. Hope to get one in our town. Would definitely be a restaurant we would frequently visit.

Visited February 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Overrated”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We sat outside which was nice but I was disappointed with the food. I know this is a favorite around town, I just don't know why.

Visited July 2012
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Not a place to hold a meeting”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Because the food is good, this place is extremely crowded. So please be mineful and don't go there to hold a business meeting. We could not believe that 4 individuals sat at the first table right in the door way and held a table for nearly two hours holding a business meeting, while people with children standing near waiting to be seated. It was very inconsiderate of them. Plus the place is extremely loud. Why one would hold a business meeting there is foolish.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank CruisingQT
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Sat for 45 minutes while cook took his break!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Granted, I went just after the lunch rush, but my order was taken and I was left alone in the restaurant for 45 minutes with no explanation. The waiter caught me as I was walking out and said "Is there a problem?" with an attitude like I was committing a crime. When I pointed out how long I had been abandoned he said the cook would be back from his break and start our order shortly. He huffed and walked away when I said I was still leaving.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank nthekiln
Mountain View, California
“Another great local restaurant”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is another great local place that has two locations in Asheville. Lots of good "down home" dishes. Especially the biscuits! Another restaurant that we will visit again.

• Visited December 2012