“Wow! What a wonderful dinner at Curate AVL”
Review of Curate

Curate
Ranked #3 of 862 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton Avenue
Transit: Asheville Transit provides bus service throughout the City of Asheville and other local areas with 24 bus routes running from 6 a.m.-11:30 p.m., Monday - Saturday. Routes originate at Transit Center, located 49 Coxe Avenue in downtown Asheville (next to the U.S. Post Office). On-duty information assistant provides assistance with maps & schedules.
Description: THE BEST OF SPAIN, conveniently located downtown Asheville! Cúrate is pleased to bring the best Spain has to offer through our traditional cuisine, unrivaled hospitality and festive, energetic atmosphere. In Spanish, Cúrate, means 'cure yourself.' Whether you're looking for a fun-filled evening out with friends or a quick bite before or after one of Asheville's many art or music productions, Cúrate is the place you go to take care of yourself, by letting us take care of you. Please join us for some fun...Just say "una cana!"
Reviewed July 7, 2016

My wife and I had one of the best meals of our lives at Curate in AVL. We've had some pretty awesome meals over the years and around the world. Curate comes in close to the top of the list.

Start your dining experience by ordering a pitcher of their Sangria. We got the "white" and it was delicious with every course presented to us.

If you want to be adventurous, be sure to try the "chef's experience". Wow....what a great combination of dishes expertly served by Shaughn. We told him our allergies and preferences then let the courses fly. Here's the run-down in order from first to last: Tomato Bread, Manchego and Tabla de Jamon, Ensalada Verano, Cerdo Iberico, Gazpacho, Setas al Jerez, Gambas al ajillo, and concluded with a wonderful Espuma de Chocolate. The pace was good, serving sizes perfect, and richness levels between dishes nicely balanced.

Be adventurous and let the chef do the picking. You won't be disappointed!

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (4,165)

Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

LARGE TAPAS like you would not believe!
Classic Spanish tapas were better than not. If you are looking for authentic Spanish, this is not it. The service was friendly & excellent. Our attentive waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu. Gazpacho was inferior to Jose Andres... acidic & lacking flavor. BEST bets: Chicken fritters: papas frites , white asparagus, onion potato omelet.
Not so best: LAMB was tough, salade w/ goat cheese fair.
Reservations a must!!
Noisy but fun setting!
$ reasonable!

Reviewed July 7, 2016

I have been to Curate three times. The first two just by myself and the tapas and amount of food was fine with me. My daughter and her boyfriend met me there last weekend and note to self, Do not bring a man with a good appetite to a tapas bar unless you want to spend 4 figures for dinner. The tapas are small and even after a good number of tapas and Sangria ( great by the way), he left hungry but was too nice to tell me. Curate is great for lunch or a little something during the day but be prepared to spend a lot of money for dinner if you want to leave full. The food is good and unique but I think I will be trying some new places in Asheville.

Reviewed July 7, 2016

5 of us went for dinner and it was amazing. We had a pitcher of white sangria and a pitcher of red sangria. It was really good. The food, however, was incredible. We order about 20 items and here are some of my favorites:
Pulpo a la Gallega - sweet and tender octopus. Mmmm. Thinking about it right now makes me hungry.
Tabla de Jamon - exceptional hams. All different ages and all fantastic.
The soup - I don't remember the name but it was a coconut milk based soup and to die for. I wish I had a bowl in front of me.
The vermicelli with squid ink and garlic was rich and probably my most favorite item.
I don't care for lamb but decided to give it a go. It was delicious and perfectly seasoned.
It was a superior experience . The waiter was great - he was patient and respectful and was there every time we thought of something we needed. The decor is fun - the community tables are a great idea and we met the fun group next to us. If you get to Asheville plan ahead and make a reservation. You will so happy that you did. It deserves all of the hoopla that it's getting.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 7, 2016

My boyfriend and I stopped in Asheville on our way back from the Outer Banks. The only thing we had planned was a stop at Curate. I made the reservation a month in advance, and it was well worth the wait. Our waiter was excellent and explained the menu and provided recommendations. As tapas newbies, the menu and dining experience could have felt a little overwhelming, but instead we felt welcomed and informed. We ordered about six plates (enough to feed two we were told), and it was delicious. I highly recommend the peppers stuffed with goat cheese...so incredible. Even my boyfriend (who is very picky and claims to not like peppers or goat cheese) LOVED them. Although it's a bit pricey, the quality of food and experience is well worth it. This will be a place we will visit over and over again when we visit Asheville.

Date of visit: June 2016