“Worth driving from Chicago for dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles

Curate
Ranked #3 of 775 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton Avenue
Transit: Asheville Transit provides bus service throughout the City of Asheville and other local areas with 24 bus routes running from 6 a.m.-11:30 p.m., Monday - Saturday. Routes originate at Transit Center, located 49 Coxe Avenue in downtown Asheville (next to the U.S. Post Office). On-duty information assistant provides assistance with maps & schedules.
Description: THE BEST OF SPAIN, conveniently located downtown Asheville! Curate is pleased to bring the best Spain has to offer through our traditional cuisine, unrivaled hospitality and festive, energetic atmosphere. In Spanish, Curate, means 'cure yourself.' Whether you're looking for a fun-filled evening out with friends or a quick bite before or after one of Asheville's many art or music productions, Curate is the place you go to take care of yourself, by letting us take care of you. Please join us for some fun...Just say "una cana!"
Palatine, Illinois
“Worth driving from Chicago for dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We arrived early, with reservations made at least 2 months ago, they took us on time, we were seated at the back of the restaurant where it was not too noisy. The food was amazing! I am not a "foodie," but found plenty to eat, don't miss the shrimp in garlic, or the lamb (the best I have ever had,) or their take on chocolate mouse. The serving staff was very friendly and helpful. Too bad we live twelve hours away, or we would make it a regular place to eat. Don't miss it!

Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I recently tried this place for dinner, and it was one of the best meals I've ever had! Very romantic atmosphere for dates. The food was incredible, and the portion sizes were perfect for tapas (not too small). I can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shawna L
Tampa, Florida
“Make a reservation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

The first time we went here last fall we walked in and had a wait for about 45 minutes and were given seats at the bar. (They call you so you don't have to wait close by with the 'buzzy thing'.) We very much enjoyed sitting there and watching them prepare the food. Everything was delicious. On this last visit, I tried to make a reservation but I waited to late to do so. (Only 5 days in advance) There was nothing available. So we once again tried "winging it". We went in about 7 on a Saturday and was told we'd have a 2 hour wait. Eek. So we ended up at to the wxyz lounge (at aloft) and ordered some wine & an appetizer to hold us over. But only about 45 minutes later, we got a call that our table was ready. We told them we wouldn't be available for about 15 minutes and they said they could hold it for us. Sweet. We had another very enjoyable dinner. This time at a small table in the front window. I like that there is no rush that you sometimes feel in other restaurants. The idea here is to keep ordering the 'small plates'. Enjoy it with some nice wine. We will definitely return on our next visit. I'll definitely make a reservation earlier.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“An exciting twist on traditional Spanish tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Of all the amazing plates we ordered, who would have thought that our favorite would be the fried eggplant? It was so good, we took an order home for my in-laws!

Atlanta, GA
“Curate continues to shine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

A visit to Asheville always means a visit (or several) to Curate for me. Every thing here is just so nicely done from the cocktails to the wines to all of the tapas. The staff is amazing really professional. I usually sit at the bar and enjoy watching them work. To me thats where you get the full experience of the place. Sitting at a table is nice but missing a little something I think.

• Visited July 2014