“A wonderful evening out” 5 of 5 bubbles

Curate
Ranked #3 of 775 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton Avenue
Transit: Asheville Transit provides bus service throughout the City of Asheville and other local areas with 24 bus routes running from 6 a.m.-11:30 p.m., Monday - Saturday. Routes originate at Transit Center, located 49 Coxe Avenue in downtown Asheville (next to the U.S. Post Office). On-duty information assistant provides assistance with maps & schedules.
Description: THE BEST OF SPAIN, conveniently located downtown Asheville! Curate is pleased to bring the best Spain has to offer through our traditional cuisine, unrivaled hospitality and festive, energetic atmosphere. In Spanish, Curate, means 'cure yourself.' Whether you're looking for a fun-filled evening out with friends or a quick bite before or after one of Asheville's many art or music productions, Curate is the place you go to take care of yourself, by letting us take care of you. Please join us for some fun...Just say "una cana!"
Montgomery, MA
“A wonderful evening out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

We had never been to a tapas restaurant before and our waiter answered our questions, made suggestions and made us laugh! We enjoyed the both the variety and the beautiful presentation of the dishes we sampled. We will definitely come back again next time we are in Asheville.

Visited March 2014

Tennessee
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have read numerous reviews of Curate, both on Tripadvisor and in other publications. It is always highly rated, so some friends and I decided to give it a try. I will say at the outset that I've eaten at many tapas restaurants including a number in Spain. I enjoy tapas but it isn't my favorite cuisine. However, Curate has changed my opinion. As far as I am concerned, they have elevated tapas to a new level. I lost count of the number of different tapas that we tried and every one of them was outstanding. They were so good that I really can't say which one was my favorite, so I'll just recommend them all! It wasn't just the food that shaped my opinion of Curate. We were there on a Friday night, which is always quite busy. We had late reservations, in the hope that we would miss the crowd. It was still quite crowded when we arrived, so much so that we were seated late. It wasn't a big deal to us because we spent the time talking and enjoying the atmosphere. However, the staff were very conscious of the delay and they brought us several complimentary tapas, all of which were outstanding. This was a very nice gesture that surprised and delighted everyone in our party. The waiter was incredibly knowledgeable about the entire menu. He also saw to it that we received fantastic service. All of us were impressed by the service and attention we received, even though the restaurant was completely full. I could elaborate more about how much I liked Curate, but I'm sure that is already quite clear if you have read this far. My suggestion is that you visit Curate and determine for yourself whether my review is accurate. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Glucan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous, creative food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Had an early dinner there while visiting Asheville with friends. We were quickly seated and our server was prompt and friendly. Our party of 6 each ordered 2 plates each, so we were able to try a variety of items. The biggest hits were the Brussel sprouts, the mushrooms (divine), the trout salad, and the potato chip-wrapped chorizo. I loved that they had identified special diet considerations on the menu. Everything was very good, and we even were given a complimentary dessert for my husband's birthday. Only a couple of very small criticisms - not much selection in the way of beer, and like many popular restaurants housed in older buildings, there was little elbow room. Overall, Curate came to us very highly recommended, and it did not disappoint.

NC
“Good for a couple of drinks and tapas not for dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Very nice restaurant and ambiance, food is good, drinks are good but it is over price for what it is. If you want to have a nice "romantic moment or special celebration" this is a good place, if you want to have dinner don't go, the tapas are just a "bite" to share, really this is not a place for dine, you will have to ask for at least three tapas each person and will be just about enough for you not to be hungry. Weekends this is packed and very difficult to find a table, even that tables are not really that, too small and also small for large groups. You will have to wait for at least 45 minutes to be seated.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ohio
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

The server was very knowledgable about each dish. He was also very helpful in designing a vegan menu. Needless to say the food was great as was the service. We walked in without a reservation and sat in the "walk-in" area. I would suggest making reservations.

Visited March 2014