“Great experience”

Curate
Ranked #3 of 793 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton Avenue
Transit: Asheville Transit provides bus service throughout the City of Asheville and other local areas with 24 bus routes running from 6 a.m.-11:30 p.m., Monday - Saturday. Routes originate at Transit Center, located 49 Coxe Avenue in downtown Asheville (next to the U.S. Post Office). On-duty information assistant provides assistance with maps & schedules.
Description: THE BEST OF SPAIN, conveniently located downtown Asheville! Curate is pleased to bring the best Spain has to offer through our traditional cuisine, unrivaled hospitality and festive, energetic atmosphere. In Spanish, Curate, means 'cure yourself.' Whether you're looking for a fun-filled evening out with friends or a quick bite before or after one of Asheville's many art or music productions, Curate is the place you go to take care of yourself, by letting us take care of you. Please join us for some fun...Just say "una cana!"
Richlands, Virginia
“Great experience”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was in Asheville for a board meeting and had some time to kill. I had been wanting to try Curate after reading so much about it, but had never gotten the chance. It as mid-afternoon so hardly anyone was there and I was the only person at the bar. Atmosphere is great, but like so many high end restaurants, I feel like the servers are taught to fade into the background. I was alone, so I was hoping for more vibrant servers that would be chatty with me (I'm used to being a restaurant regular, so I guess it's odd for me when the servers don't know me). Other than being a little lonely, I had a great experience. I started with some Iberico ham, which was delicious and then went into a shrimp dish which was perfectly cooked, albeit slightly under-seasoned. I ended with the canalones, which were out of this world good. I also very much enjoyed the wine suggested by my server. I was enthralled the entire time watching the chefs cook. I'm a foodie, so it was cool to see real chefs in action. I will definitely be back whenever I am in Asheville.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Great tapas”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was our first visit to Curate and will not be our last. The food was exceptional and the service was good despite a very busy day for the restaurant over the Thanksgiving weekend. Some of the best tapas since our last visit a couple of years go to Barcelona!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The food here is simple fantastic. Spanish tapas style and an extensive menu, everything is amazing. Always busy so reservations are a must. Sangria is mixed at table side and is also very good. Considering the quality of the food the prices although not cheap are reasonable.

1 Thank KABC1980
Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Small plates that really add up”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is a lively place! Our 6 PM reservation was promptly honored, and we were seated toward the back of the long room at a table for four. Across the way was the long tapas bar which overlooks the grill and food prep where 6 or more chefs were busy preparing small plate features. We chose 2 servings of soup, 2 salads (ensalada de otono!) and 4 plates of meats/shrimp and then enjoyed 2 desserts. Our waitress was extremely helpful and checked on our progress without interfering. The ladies enjoyed one of the many tempranillo wines on the list. We came away with the feeling of a memorable experience and felt satiated but not stuffed. The quality of the items was top-notch.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Elaine C
Munich, Germany
“Good experience in Asheville”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Great food, decent decor, very friendly and helpful staff. We actually attended a private event in the downstairs dining room and liked it so much we went back the next day for a late afternoon snack and a glass of wine at the bar. Don't miss Curate when in Ashville.