“The shrimp made me want to tapas dance”
Review of Curate

Curate
Ranked #2 of 823 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton Avenue
Transit: Asheville Transit provides bus service throughout the City of Asheville and other local areas with 24 bus routes running from 6 a.m.-11:30 p.m., Monday - Saturday. Routes originate at Transit Center, located 49 Coxe Avenue in downtown Asheville (next to the U.S. Post Office). On-duty information assistant provides assistance with maps & schedules.
Description: THE BEST OF SPAIN, conveniently located downtown Asheville! Curate is pleased to bring the best Spain has to offer through our traditional cuisine, unrivaled hospitality and festive, energetic atmosphere. In Spanish, Curate, means 'cure yourself.' Whether you're looking for a fun-filled evening out with friends or a quick bite before or after one of Asheville's many art or music productions, Curate is the place you go to take care of yourself, by letting us take care of you. Please join us for some fun...Just say "una cana!"
Reviewed October 23, 2013

On Sunday night, we walked through the entire downtown trying to decide where to eat. We finally decided that Curate had the most people, and that is always a good sign. Being totally unfamiliar with tapas, our waiter explained the concept and turned us loose. We started with the potato wrapped chorizo, moved on to the Spanish version of bruschetta, and ended with the shrimp and garlic. The chorizo and potato was very unusual and quite a tasty delight with perfect spice and crunch. The shrimp and garlic left me wanting to lick the bowl ( which I literally did). Can't wait to go back to Asheville and hit up Curate again.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,653)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

A must in downtown Asheville. Really fine & interesting Tapa's with a El Bulle pedigree. Gotta have the sautéed eggplant

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is our "go-to" resturant when we're in Asheville and want to have a fun, delicious lunch. We love tapas and they have a great wine list with emphasis on Riojas and Tempranillos. We've made reservations each time we visited and have always been met warmly and seated promtply (even when the place was jammed packed). Servers know their stuff, and are personable as well. Hard to go wrong eating here.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was my first visit to Curate and it was during the Highland Craft Fair. I recommend reservations as I booked a week in advance for Friday night and the latest time available was 4:45pm which was fine for me. My request for a window table was honored as soon as I arrived but I offered to sit at the bar as I was dining alone and the place was busy. I enjoyed being up close and personal with the chefs. Service was prompt without the feeling of being rushed. My server was friendly as were the people preparing the tapas. The wine and food were all very good and I will definitely return.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very well done, Curate! Fantastic food and the prices are actually not that bad. Service was great and they have a respectable cocktail / beer list.