“Top Tapas”

Curate
Ranked #2 of 829 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton Avenue
Transit: Asheville Transit provides bus service throughout the City of Asheville and other local areas with 24 bus routes running from 6 a.m.-11:30 p.m., Monday - Saturday. Routes originate at Transit Center, located 49 Coxe Avenue in downtown Asheville (next to the U.S. Post Office). On-duty information assistant provides assistance with maps & schedules.
Description: THE BEST OF SPAIN, conveniently located downtown Asheville! Curate is pleased to bring the best Spain has to offer through our traditional cuisine, unrivaled hospitality and festive, energetic atmosphere. In Spanish, Curate, means 'cure yourself.' Whether you're looking for a fun-filled evening out with friends or a quick bite before or after one of Asheville's many art or music productions, Curate is the place you go to take care of yourself, by letting us take care of you. Please join us for some fun...Just say "una cana!"
Reviewed October 22, 2013

A must in downtown Asheville. Really fine & interesting Tapa's with a El Bulle pedigree. Gotta have the sautéed eggplant

Write a ReviewReviews (3,726)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is our "go-to" resturant when we're in Asheville and want to have a fun, delicious lunch. We love tapas and they have a great wine list with emphasis on Riojas and Tempranillos. We've made reservations each time we visited and have always been met warmly and seated promtply (even when the place was jammed packed). Servers know their stuff, and are personable as well. Hard to go wrong eating here.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was my first visit to Curate and it was during the Highland Craft Fair. I recommend reservations as I booked a week in advance for Friday night and the latest time available was 4:45pm which was fine for me. My request for a window table was honored as soon as I arrived but I offered to sit at the bar as I was dining alone and the place was busy. I enjoyed being up close and personal with the chefs. Service was prompt without the feeling of being rushed. My server was friendly as were the people preparing the tapas. The wine and food were all very good and I will definitely return.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very well done, Curate! Fantastic food and the prices are actually not that bad. Service was great and they have a respectable cocktail / beer list.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We made our first trip to Asheville and had a wonderful meal and experience at Curate. We sat at the bar which is right in front of the kitchen area so you can watch the food being prepared. Would highly recommend doing that rather than sitting in the dining area where there are small tables. You can see lots of great Tapas being made. We sampled many items and were blown away by the variety of delicious food that we had. They have a nice wine list that is reasonably priced and it is a fun experience. Highly recommend putting this on your dining itinerary for Asheville.