“yum!”

Curate
Ranked #4 of 786 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton Avenue
Transit: Asheville Transit provides bus service throughout the City of Asheville and other local areas with 24 bus routes running from 6 a.m.-11:30 p.m., Monday - Saturday. Routes originate at Transit Center, located 49 Coxe Avenue in downtown Asheville (next to the U.S. Post Office). On-duty information assistant provides assistance with maps & schedules.
Description: THE BEST OF SPAIN, conveniently located downtown Asheville! Curate is pleased to bring the best Spain has to offer through our traditional cuisine, unrivaled hospitality and festive, energetic atmosphere. In Spanish, Curate, means 'cure yourself.' Whether you're looking for a fun-filled evening out with friends or a quick bite before or after one of Asheville's many art or music productions, Curate is the place you go to take care of yourself, by letting us take care of you. Please join us for some fun...Just say "una cana!"
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“yum!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband was skeptical when I wanted to order the brussels sprouts, raisins and cauliflower with a celery root puree (he said "sounds like baby food to me"). He was almost licking the plate afterwards (the portion was a little small), the patatas bravas were cooked to perfection, the #1 tapas in Asheville (the shrimp) lived up to it's name and the tomate bread was also very good. Of course the red Sangria was fabulous as well as our service. Highly recommend!

Kingsport, Tennessee
“FUN and delicious”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Loved the atmosphere and energy. Food was tasty,fresh and well displayed. Waited for over 1 hour for a seat at the bar. Reservations recommended for a table but highly recommend sitting at the bar to enjoy the view of the food prep. Servers well informed and made excellent recommendations on food and wine pairings

Gastonia, North Carolina
“Love Tapas”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Tapas is one of my favorite dining pleasures and Curate is a great addition to the Asheville food scene. The menu offers lots of variety without being overwhelming and the wait staff is very informative. The atmosphere is inviting and not your normal blah eating area. Good luck Curate!

Henderson, North Carolina
“Doing it right on a Tuesday night!!!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I recently was fortunate enough to have an opportunity to dine once again at one of my favorite restaurants in downtown Asheville. I happen to be by myself as I hadn't planned to go anywhere for dinner, but so glad I did. I arrived around 5:30pm was seated promply at the bar by request in what I think is the best seat if your on your own. Let me tell you they were "Doing it right on a Tuesday night!!!" I had a wonderful server Kristy who was very knowledgeable and patient about helping me choose, or I should say remember a wine I had had there some time ago the Sameiras.
It was excellent and complemented the 7 different taps dishes that followed. That's right each was as good or better than the one before: Tabla de Jamon, Gambas al ajilo, Setas al Jerez, Secreto, Pulpo a la Gallega, Rabo de Toro, Butifarra con Monjetes and for desert Crema Catalana. Try them all, they were fantastic and could not have been any better!!! I asked Chad who was expiditing a question about one of the dishes coming off the line and he didn't even hesitate to tll me all about it. He was enthusiastic and knowledgeable about everything going on, and they were very busy by this time
Everything was so good I had to mention it to the manager Nathan, again he could not have been nicer and more professional. I have to say I was there 3 hours watching the staff as they created these fantastic edibles and waited on guests. They were focused, friendly, and seemed to enjoy what they were doing.Yes the restaurant is beautiful inside and unlike anything else in downtown Asheville. The staff were nice and have been well chosen, but like anything else "nice" is not enough the food has to be there too. This is one of the few, maybe the only place I have dined in Asheville that has all three!

Boston
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

World class Tapas in this Asheville. We asked a few locals who said this was the best place in Asheville, and they weren't kidding. Probably the best place in North Carolina. A destination for real foodies!

Visited February 2013