“Great Service, but food is not outstanding”
Review of Curate

Curate
Ranked #4 of 786 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton Avenue
Transit: Asheville Transit provides bus service throughout the City of Asheville and other local areas with 24 bus routes running from 6 a.m.-11:30 p.m., Monday - Saturday. Routes originate at Transit Center, located 49 Coxe Avenue in downtown Asheville (next to the U.S. Post Office). On-duty information assistant provides assistance with maps & schedules.
Description: THE BEST OF SPAIN, conveniently located downtown Asheville! Curate is pleased to bring the best Spain has to offer through our traditional cuisine, unrivaled hospitality and festive, energetic atmosphere. In Spanish, Curate, means 'cure yourself.' Whether you're looking for a fun-filled evening out with friends or a quick bite before or after one of Asheville's many art or music productions, Curate is the place you go to take care of yourself, by letting us take care of you. Please join us for some fun...Just say "una cana!"
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Service, but food is not outstanding”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The hubby and I had dinner there tonight, and although we are glad to have had the experience, we wouldn't call it one of our favorite restaurants. The staff was wonderful, and we were shown to our reserved table right away. We chose the butternut squash soup, fried eggplant, chicken fritters, shrimp, and the clam dishes. The only one we really enjoyed was the butternut squash soup (and it might be the dish that brings me back again!) The other dishes were average, and I left feeling like I didn't eat enough. The dishes are pricey too (we spent $100 for 2 cocktails, a beer and 6 tapas), but I can see where it would be a fun place to come as a group or to have a new experience. I am glad we ate here, but it won't be one of our "go to" restaurants in the Asheville area.

Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States
“CURATE ties with REZAZ for best dining in Asheville!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

OMG!! In my wildest food dreams, I could not imagine any Asheville restaurant being as fabulous as REZAZ. CURATE (coo-rah-tay) has stepped into a tie position. Took my friend to lunch for her birthday 01/16/2013. (We are long-time REZAZ fans & foodies, always trying dining venues in Western North Carolina.) CURATE is small but well-planned with the chef's station/bar in full view of all diners and a delightful fragrance that envelopes you as you enter. This is tapas dining, which should be savored with friends. Our server, Ryan, was helpful as he made suggestions and marked our menu placemats. We selected the following four to share:
roasted peppers stuffed with cheese, sauteed spinach with apple, raisins, & toasted pine nuts, sauteed shrimp with garlic and fried eggplant drizzled in honey. The eggplant was the best. Ryan served in the order listed, which was clever since the eggplant was a perfect sweet ending. There was definitely enough for two people. The coffee is excellent and made one cup at a time; do not even think Keurig! I cannot rave enough about CURATE; just find out for yourself. If planning on dinner, make reservations well in advance.

“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner there last night for the first time. It was a really nice experience. The waiter was nice and friendly and very knowledgeable. The menu is quite extensive and so I went out on a limb and let him decide what to order - it turned out to be a great decision! The food was wonderful and the service was great. I cannot wait to go back. What a great restaurant!

Fort Myers, Florida
“Great!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Went there with a group of lady friends for lunch on our second attempt. Reserve early is the best tip I can give. This place is very popular and busy. The food is tapas style and very good. I had a butternut squash soup and a tomato/ham sandwich on a baguette that were both delicious. The group tried different things (clams, shrimp, ham) and they all raved about them. Service was good but there were was a mix-up in the food I ordered; I was served another lady's sandwich and by the time the server brought the other sandwich and figured out the mistake, I had eaten almost half of it so we ended up sharing the sandwiches.

North Carolina
“great service and good food”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

sangria with champagne was not as tasteful as white sangria with wine. signature shrimp tapas left us a little perplexed because flavors just did not come together all that well. really recommend the pork, eggplant, peppers and cheese. octopus was the most tender we ever had. it's a keeper. place was humming when we got there at 7 and left at 9. our waitress was great, knew the menu extremely well, and handled the table very nicely.