“Really Good Ice Cream”

The Hop Ice Cream Cafe
Ranked #14 of 47 Dessert in Asheville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Homemade Ice Cream and Vegan Ice Cream. Organic Coffee & Espresso. Birthday Cakes and Parties. Locally owned.
Gainesville, FL
“Really Good Ice Cream”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Not much to say besides this was really good, homemade ice cream, and great prices. They had about 30 flavors I'd say... many interesting ones like Kale/Blueberry. I had Butter Pecan and Mint Chocolate Chip. Both were really tasty. The service was great and the employees were very friendly and willing to let you sample the unusual flavors. Will be back for sure!

New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Freindly ice cream fun”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

They serve some great ice cream with many exotic flavor selections from which to choose. Nice family fun atmosphere. It took my wife so long to decide which flavor to select after sampling quit a few that I was done with my single dip cone by the time she got hers. Needless to say the service was friendly and helpful serving good quality homemade ice cream. The shop features free Wi-Fi and free family friendly entertainment, magicians, jugglers etc. Along with their regular ice cream menu they also have Gluten free, sugar free, vegan and sorbets. Great stop for the ice cream lover...who doesn't love ice cream?

• Visited May 2014
Asheville
“Like an old fashioned ice cream parlor ... Only better!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Our new favorite place for a sundae or a banana split or some other decadent ice cream treat is the Hop Ice Cream Cafe on Merrimon Ave. Sometimes in a town where the finest restaurants in the world are, you lose track of simple pleasures. Now while this ice cream cafe offers unusual flavors and treats, it allows basic childhood memories to be relived. What is better than a hot fudge sundae or a banana split on a hot summer evening? They have a treat I'm looking forward to next time in that I saw a lovely older woman enjoying. It was decadent .... German chocolate cake with 4 scoops of ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream and a cherry!!!! I think she was sharing it with a friend, but I could have put a serious dent in it!!! can't wait to go back!

Asheville, North Carolina
“Going downhill”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I took two friends to The Hop on Merrimon tonight. Walked in, three employees behind the counter. One guy waiting on his high school friends, the other two cleaning behind the counter complaining about the goopy mess they were sticking to. The place was a pig sty, run down and dirty. We stood there patiently waiting for someone to notice us, or maybe the dude chatting up his friends might get the hint that he should wrap it up and take care of the paying customers. The girl prattling on about the disgusting floor looked at me (unconcerned that we were waiting......) and said, "I am stuck here in goop!" My response - "Well, that's unappetizing." She didn't get it. The third kid was sweeping the floor, and without washing his hands, alternately picked waffle cones off the waffle machine and rolled them, them went back to handling the nasty broom. Then the manager appeared. I thought maybe we would get waited on. Oh no. He actually made eye contact with me and turned around and walked in the back.

This crew had absolutely no concept of customer service. The experience was appalling. I walked out because I knew I couldn't eat anything there. Oh - did I mention there were three dogs in the "cafe?" Since when is it ok to have dogs in an establishment that serves food? Nasty, disgusting, pit. The ice cream might be good, but beware of what is being transmitted onto your cone!

1 Thank Farosmith
“Incredible selection!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

It might take you 20 minutes to make up your mind about your order...but you will not be disappointed! ! Family friendly.