“Unique Flavors, different combos”

The Hop Ice Cream Cafe
Ranked #11 of 45 Dessert in Asheville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Homemade Ice Cream and Vegan Ice Cream. Organic Coffee & Espresso. Birthday Cakes and Parties. Locally owned.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The flavors here are unique and some are based on other local area restaurants' food. I enjoyed it. It was affordable, easy to find and they offer tastes to help you decide! They also offer vegetarian ice cream made from soy products.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Always an interesting selection, excellent ice cream, and friendly staff. Last time I tried their strawberry balsamic ice cream and it was amazing. I don't ususally like the weird flavors but that was some good stuff.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Last night we tried The Hop and were very impressed. They don't have a lot of flavors, but most that they do have you won't find elsewhere. I believe they are all produced in the shop. I had the "Salted Licorice" and my wife had the "Salted Lavender." Both were excellent and in spite of the name, did not taste salty at all. Not sure the reason for the salt, but I cannot argue with the result. Really excellent ice cream and one scoop was plenty. Samples are available. Quite amazing!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hop is amazing. I live in Hong Kong and when I visited this ice cream cafe in Asheville I thought it was excellent. The price is ok but it is worth it for the great meal. I had an Brownie delight and a vanilla milkshake and I can honestly say it was one of the best things if not the best thing I had ever eaten in my life. I would go there again even if I had to go there just for that. It is a great place to take the family, a very friendly place. So I sugest stop reading this a go ahead and just go there and find out for yourself how good it is!!!!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Try the salted caramel. It is their best seller and there is a reason why! Great old fashioned ice cream shop!