“Ice cream heaven”

The Hop Ice Cream Cafe
Ranked #14 of 45 Dessert in Asheville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Homemade Ice Cream and Vegan Ice Cream. Organic Coffee & Espresso. Birthday Cakes and Parties. Locally owned.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hop is amazing. I live in Hong Kong and when I visited this ice cream cafe in Asheville I thought it was excellent. The price is ok but it is worth it for the great meal. I had an Brownie delight and a vanilla milkshake and I can honestly say it was one of the best things if not the best thing I had ever eaten in my life. I would go there again even if I had to go there just for that. It is a great place to take the family, a very friendly place. So I sugest stop reading this a go ahead and just go there and find out for yourself how good it is!!!!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Try the salted caramel. It is their best seller and there is a reason why! Great old fashioned ice cream shop!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Well, we don't get to Asheville as much as we used to do....but, when we do we DO try to go to The Hop for ice cream or a milkshake.....This trip we all had milkshakes.....so yummy! Thick and creamy. We all had chocolate this time, but love all the different ice cream selections. Good old-fashioned deliciousness.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

There is just no place like The Hop. The creaminess...the flavor variety...homemade goodness in a unique setting. The Hop serves homemade ice cream with very unique flavors, and does it well. The Salted Caramel flavor serves up little chunks of homemade (locally) salted caramels in a creamy base. But don't miss the Aztec Chocolate (with a little red pepper that announces itself at the base of the throat). How about Pina Colada Banana Cream? Fresh Mint? Don't miss this place!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

When we researched The Hop online, their website stated they had sugar free ice cream so we went. They only had one flavor, chocolate, which satisfied my husband. I ordered the Orange Fennel and it was good. I'd recommend this place if you enjoy ice cream.