“What happened? Disastrous decline....”
Review of Sazerac - Asheville - CLOSED

Sazerac - Asheville
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Charlotte, NC
“What happened? Disastrous decline....”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

This establishment has gone from a twist on classic hand-crafted cocktails in an easy setting to a raucous college bright light, almost trashy vibe. The bartenders are kind, but uninformed. Even a simple request for water (with my bourbon) was to go to the end of the bar and get it from a container with a plastic cup. Off the list to visit when in Asheville.

“Best cocktails in Asheville!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Went here b/c of stellar reviews and concur this is the place for cocktails in Asheville. I had the popular Thalia and my husband had the old fashioned. Cocktails executed to perfection, spotless bar and excellent staff. The drinks are not cheap but cheap = poor quality and this place is anything but that. This is our go-to cocktail place for now on. See you soon Sazerac!

Visited September 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
“Great place”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Visiting friends in Asheville for a long weekend. We had been to several bars and restaurants and I had yet to find a drink that wasn't "too done". Seemed like everywhere we went the drinks were over muddled and way too trendy but then we went to Sazerac and I ordered their Manhattan. FINALLY...one of the best cocktails I've ever had. I've been craving a Sazerac Manhattan ever since!

• Visited August 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great bar & view”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a small bar but the decor is very tastefully done and recently updated for more comfort. If you go upstairs there is rooftop seating with great views of the street, city and mountains. But it usually fills up first so you sometimes have to happen upon an open seat. One of my favs in town.

• Visited July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent cocktails”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We enjoyed an excellent cocktail hour at Sazerac last fall. Until then, I'd not found in Asheville precision and sophistication at a level similar to home. The decor isn't my style and I cannot speak for the menu, as we had only drinks, but we will definitely be back on our next visit.

• Visited November 2012