“Great pizza, great porch”
Review of Pizzeria Ritrovo - CLOSED

Pizzeria Ritrovo
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Ritrovo serves authentic Neapolitan style thin crust pizzas baked in our wood oven. Features local beers and housemade gelatos.
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Best West Asheville location to sit on a great porch and eat great pizza. They have good local beer specials and their wood oven pizza is fantastic. We are locals and will be going back.

Reviewed May 7, 2011

Ritrovo was recommended by the innkeepers at our B&B, who eat there once a week. We went on a Tuesday night and liked it so much we returned when we returned to Asheville on Friday night. The menu was sufficiently varied to satisfy both me, a very picky eater, and my husband, who has much more varied tastes. But most importantly the food was very good and very un-restaurant-like (most restaurant food is produced in large quantities and therefore suffers in quality).

My husband had an eggplant parmesan pizza the first night and salcicca (house-made fennel sausage) pizza the second night. He describes the eggplant parmesan pizza as "very good" and the salcicca as "awesome". I had garlic bread and a verde salad the first night and a bread plate and asparagus/mushroom salad with some type of dressing I can't remember the second night. The salads were very fresh and the bread was nothing short of fantastic. The beer and wine was also very good, as was the gelato. I think everything is homemade -- it certainly tastes that way.

I really liked the atmosphere both indoors and out on the deck. Tables were decorated with small pots of basil, and the planters on the railings on the deck all contained various spices. There was a pretty good crowd both nights we were there, but the service was excellent. Both nights the owner/manager stopped by our table to ask how everything was, which we thought was very nice.

1  Thank Labnut