“great hangout”
Review of Dobra Tea

Dobra Tea
Ranked #113 of 811 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Description: Tearoom and Vegetarian Cafe serving over 100+ custom imported Teas from all over the world of which we have traveled to source directly. Chai Teas, Bubble Teas and Traditional Tea Service. Organic, Healthy Vegetarian Food Light Fare Menu 100% Gluten Free dessert and Sweets Menu. Free Wifi Family Friendly Great for Meetings!
Reviewed July 8, 2014

nice setting, probably a very busy social hangout with lots of options for guests. I really liked the Dobra Tea House in Black Mountain more, just because it was so peaceful.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Very impressed! We were greeted at the door and told to sit anywhere with opinions of a floor cushion lounge, a large booth lounge, or tables/window bar area. You are given a very extensive list of teas to choose from & a little bell to ring when ready. Each tea has it's own page to read about tea & it's origins. Highly recommend to anyone who loves teas.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This place advertises that all desserts are gluten free. Pretty exciting news to those who have celiac disease and have a medical necessity to avoid gluten. But we must ask questions about our food, one of the most basic of which is: where was that dessert processed? Was it a dedicated facility or is it possible it has come into contact with gluten so is therefore not safe for a celiac? I am not attached to the answer except to need it to be accurate. I actually called ahead and the gentleman on the phone did not at first understand my question and then seemed put out that I asked but was willing to name the producing bakery if I wanted to investigate. I decided to skip it, but, coming across the place while walking, I stopped in and asked again. One fellow tried to help and wrote down the email of the baker while the other fellow unhelpfully said he wouldn't recommend trying their food. So, if you are going to proudly (??) offer GF food, while in the world can you not be bothered to know about the baker? I found this to be the typical attitude in "GF friendly" Asheville. Don't bother.

2  Thank Family4Tripper
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Wonderful atmosphere as well as great service. Love the attention to details and with the support for the local community. This place is a true gem in the heart of Asheville. A must try if you are in Asheville or Black Mountain,

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We hit Asheville on a Carolina roll starting from our London UK home, flying to Charlotte, 4 Spoleto days in Charleston, a few more days with friends in Ft. Mill/Charlotte and then on to Appalachia.
Dobra Tea looked unusual (hah!) so we dropped in after checking in at the nearby Renaissance. If like me you've never seen this comprehensive a tea menu you'll be thrilled at the outset. My wife and I ordered two contrasting drinks and a tasty non-gluten bite. The fare was excellent, but the experience was transcendent – deja vu? jamais vu? parallel 1969-70 San Francisco/Venusian universe?! I mean these youngish people (all over downtown) with their tattooed limbs and sexy creative fashions seemed an impossible delightful breed. The answer? I don't know. University was out and the latest festival was over (it was Monday June 2, 2014).
Anyway it suits Dobra Tea with its open windowed wifi lobby and low-tabled couched interior chambers. (Now check out the other locations internationally as well). I strongly recommend nearby Mayfel's (Cajun) for lunch and the Laughing Seed for a veggie dinner par excellence. But I wouldn't count on the good freak atmosphere in Asheville...by the next morning and despite the mountain vortex we were somehow back to normal...though happy and content.

2  Thank Bob J