“Down Home Southern Fare”
Review of Moe's Original BBQ

Moe's Original BBQ
Ranked #10 of 811 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Moe's Original Bar B Que features award-winning Bama-style pulled pork, ribs, turkey and chicken smoked over hardwood served fresh daily with two unique sauces plus eight to ten traditional Southern sides and tasty desserts. Located in the Biltmore Village area, there are many shops, music venues and attractions nearby with downtown Asheville minutes away. In addition to a beautiful outdoor patio, there are 4 large flat-screen TVs for sports viewing and will be live entertainment on the weekends.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The Alabama style BBQ served here is a treat is as lean as that kind of fare goes. Great selection and variety of traditional southern sides. All I've tried are very good as is the large chunk of cornbread. The place is small, and seating can be limited at times, but if you avoid the standard rush hours, that's not a problem. I've been more than once and will certainly be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed April 6, 2014

OMG!! The bbq here is so delicious. Very tasty and not fatty at all. The sides were great too. I got mac n cheese and cheddar mashed potatoes. Everything was very good. The cornbread was super good too. The place is small, but we didn't have to wait to be seated, it was around 3 when we went in. If you are in Asheville and want great bbq definitely go to Moe's.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This place was fast, friendly, and food was great!! The slaw has a pickle taste that is so good and I could eat a pan of the cornbread! We will definitely go back!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had lunch here last week and we were all so impressed with the food (great pulled pork, ribs, and sides like mac and cheese and collared greens and beer cheese soup). As a matter of fact, it was so good, we returned two days later for another lunch.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I would never have believed this was part of a chain! Really...I can be such a snob about chain restaurants but... Some of the best I have ever had! I have eaten BBQ across the US and aside from a nameless little catfish/bbq operation located inside an old auto shop in Ohio (of all places!), Moe's is definitely giving *that other place* in Memphis a run for its money. I would say the Ribs are not the best ever, but the Wings and Chicken (and those beautiful, beautiful greens!) definitely hit the perfect prep/salt/smoke/clean taste that all bbq should aspire to.
Not overly brightly lit, this is a place you can definitely feel comfortable bringing your kids and still enjoy a craft beer with dinner while not spending an arm and leg. Very casual and tidy dining area. While we noticed a packed house (with a culturally diverse, non touristy patronage) we never saw more than 2 employees (cook and cashier)....and the place was running FLAWLESSLY. Just goes to show that efficiency is really a lost art. A place as busy as Moe's running without nary a speed bumb in service, quality or housekeeping... must have a great in house policy. These people just know BBQ! (AND GREENS- DID I MENTION THE GREENS?!)