“This is what I'm talking about...”
Review of Moe's Original BBQ

Moe's Original BBQ
Ranked #7 of 810 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Moe's Original Bar B Que features award-winning Bama-style pulled pork, ribs, turkey and chicken smoked over hardwood served fresh daily with two unique sauces plus eight to ten traditional Southern sides and tasty desserts. Located in the Biltmore Village area, there are many shops, music venues and attractions nearby with downtown Asheville minutes away. In addition to a beautiful outdoor patio, there are 4 large flat-screen TVs for sports viewing and will be live entertainment on the weekends.
Reviewed November 1, 2013

If you're in the vicinity of a Moe's restaurant, and you are looking for barbecue chicken, this is the spot. I had the wings (they happened to be something like 70 cents per wing when we went on a Saturday), and my wife had the chicken. Both were sooooooo good. The flavor didn't just stop on the outside of the chicken like so many restaurants seem to have an issue with; it went all the way to the bone. No barbecue sauce was needed. The atmosphere was very simple with no frills, but we weren't going there to sightsee, we were going to eat.

The previous day I got some chicken from a spot in South Carolina, and it was horrible; it had no taste and didn't seem like they even sprinkled any kind of seasoning on it. That experience left me disappointed with SC bbq. Moe's exceeded expectations. Then you add the collard greens, mac and cheese, and the cornbread, and it's a done deal. If I'm ever in NC again, even if I'm ever in SC again, Moe's will see me.

1  Thank Rashad_B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were referred to Moe's by a lady in a gift shop. We were not disappointed. Pulled pork, mac and cheese, and baked beans were great. Cornbread is grilled on one side and delicious. Nice atmosphere first time and 2nd visit was a little loud but ok. We got the catfish on 2nd visit and it was thick nuggets of fried catfish. A little fishy for me and I would not get them again. But other order was chicken wings....really good. Overall a good eatery and good southern food. Price includes your fountain drink.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Moe's is a local place. It has that feel. The food, well, is fantastic. The meat, all of it, is juicy, tender, and has the smoky flavor throughout. Each side is yummy. When they have Brunswick Stew, it is the best I have had since my Dad's. The greens are just the way I like them. The cornbread is sliced and grilled -- yumm!! My favorite: chicken dinner. Juicy, tender, flavorful, and enough to take home a bit. If you have room for beer, they have some of the best locals on tap. It's not a big place, but well worth checking out.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We ordered the feed 5-6 meal, and we were simply taken aback by how small the portions were! The food and service was mediocre, and for $45 (4 drinks included) we could have eaten at Sonny's BBQ and had food to take home. It was ok, but nothing I'll ever have to have again.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a simple place to eat where you place your order, gather your own utensils, napkins and beverages and wait for your order to be called. All the tables were taken when we arrived and the place is small but by the time we had placed our order and were getting ready to sit, tables had opened up. The employees were friendly and helpful and did assist and getting tables open for new diners. The food is very delicious. The BBQ is excellent and there are a lot of wonderful sides to select. I choose beans and greens but the selections included sweets and traditional fare like potato salad and coleslaw. The portions are very large but there are take-out boxes handy so you can easily pack your food for the next day. There is a fast food place nearby also by the name of Moe's so be sure you get the right one!