“Moe's BBQ is great!”

Moe's Original BBQ
Ranked #14 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Moe's Original Bar B Que features award-winning Bama-style pulled pork, ribs, turkey and chicken smoked over hardwood served fresh daily with two unique sauces plus eight to ten traditional Southern sides and tasty desserts. Located in the Biltmore Village area, there are many shops, music venues and attractions nearby with downtown Asheville minutes away. In addition to a beautiful outdoor patio, there are 4 large flat-screen TVs for sports viewing and will be live entertainment on the weekends.
st.pete
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Moe's BBQ is great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was passing by Ashville around lunchtime so I looked up BBQ on Trip Advisor and found Moe's right off the highway. I'm so glad I did! I had the fried catfish, collards, and banana pudding. The fish was very fresh, lightly breaded, and incredibly tender. The greens were perfect (with a hint of sweetness), and the banana pudding actually caused me to make noises while I ate it alone in my car. Luckily, no one passing by heard me and thought I was doing something weird in there!

Asheville, North Carolina
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

The que is awesome,but the wings OMG.I have dreams about them.The collars are off the chart good.Every time I go it gets better.Go early place gets packed.

ohio
“The Ribs our off the Chain,but the fried cat fish is awsome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went there expecting to get The ribs, which were better than the ribs I had the day before at 12 bones. But the fried catfish was unbelievable. The last time I had fish that good was when I was in Lake of the woods Canada and my Guide made a shore lunch with the Fish we caught earlier that day. It was That Good. Now I understand why there was a line out the door at lunchtime.

Henderson, Nevada
“Good Pulled Pork”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was hungry for ribs again. Saw the blurbs in Trip Advisor so we went to try it.

You order at the counter, find a table to sit at and wait till your name is called. The place wasn't fancy but it was comfortable. Who wants fancy anyway? Plastic utensils and paper containers ... works for me. Roll of paper towels on the table ... feels like home.

I had the ribs (large order-6 ribs) with two sides (marinated slaw, banana pudding), cornbread (delicious) and a drink ... $13. My companion had pulled pork with two sides (baked beans, marinated slaw), cornbread and a drink ... $10. We tasted the food off the other's plate. The marinated slaw is new for me ... I liked it. It's got a sweet, light vinegary taste.

Sorry, the ribs weren't as good as I was hoping (comparing it to ribs at The Pit in Raleigh) but the Pulled Pork was very good.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Finally! Fantastic BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have searched all over the area looking for some wonderful BBQ and I have finally found it at Moes! So incredibly good. They stay busy so going before rush hour is recommended.

Visited May 2013