“It's fantastic. You have to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sunny Point Cafe

Sunny Point Cafe
Ranked #2 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: An Asheville favorite since 2003, Sunny Point Café serves award-winning upscale comfort food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Craft cocktails, beers and wines are available to enjoy with meals. Sunny Point Café is a family-owned and operated West Asheville restaurant featuring a covered, outdoor dining area and an on-site production garden providing fresh produce just steps from the kitchen. Well behaved dogs are welcome. Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Dalton, Georgia
“It's fantastic. You have to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Sunny Point Cafe seems iconic to me. If you go for breakfast, plan on at least a half hour wait - but trust me - even 'the wait' is cool at this little restaurant. SPC has a beautiful tree covered outdoor waiting area, complete with free coffee. You will mix with locals and tourist alike, while you sip the delicious fresh brew waiting for you table. This past trip I had carrot cake pancakes...omg...served up with cardoman cream cheese, they are heavenly. I also had a fabulous side of tofu bacon, as well as the yogurt with granola and fruit. Yes, that is a lot of food and no I can't eat all of that but I sure was happy when I left. Did I mention we were in town for three days and ate two breakfasts there? It's heaven people, just go. You're welcome.

• Korean first
Marshall, Texas, United States
“Worth the wait!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Difficulties in finding a parking spot led us to the backside of the property where their garden is located. If there is this much great green stuff then the food should be great and is was! It was my first breakfast salad, which was amazing and the carrot pancake was a bonus. Did I mention it was accented with honey and cardamom! A must go with a big appetite!

Shawnee, Kansas
“FRESH fruit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I've read some of the other posts and am rather shocked. YES, the wait time can be long...but they have a beautiful outside waiting area...enjoy the day people...SLOW down! If you are in a time crunch, you shouldn't come here. They make everything fresh, so yeah, it's going to take longer than going to McDonalds and ordering a meal that's been sitting under the heat lamp since 5am. The side of fresh fruit I received with my French toast was amazing: cherries, apple slices, bananas, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries. And I'm not talking one of each. The atmosphere was fun. I can't wait to come back to Asheville and this café!

1 Thank Erin L
Asheville, North Carolina
“Consistently Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I usually get the shrimp and grits with tofu bacon and it is so delicious, this morning I decided to try a different dish. I got the huevos rancheros sub meat, and it may be my new favorite. The biscuits are so wonderful with the homemade jam, fresh orange juice and great service. A local favorite.

1 Thank Julie W
Atlanta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great New Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Where do you start with Breakfast in Asheville? We spent 4 days there in June 2014 and ate breakfast in 4 different places. We went to Sunny Point on the first morning because it was recommended by our hosts. We got there at 8:30 and it was already completely seated but no one was yet in the waiting area so we were seated right away. There were so many choices on the menu that look amazing but I settled on the omelet with local bacon and sausage. It was as good an omelet as I have ever eaten and it was obviously because of the fresh meats. The grits were great. Unfortunately they did not have any unsweet tea, only unsweet herbal tea that was not that good, and sweet tea. My wife had granola with yogurt and fresh fruit and raved about it all day. Later that week we also visited Tupelo Honey, the Over Easy Café and the Early Girl Eatery. It would be hard to rank order them, I’ll have to go back again! We saw that the Laughing Seed Vegetarian had a wonderful weekend only brunch menu that we will have to try the next visit.