“Wanted to love it again”
Review of Sunny Point Cafe

Sunny Point Cafe
Ranked #3 of 818 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An Asheville favorite since 2003, Sunny Point Café serves award-winning upscale comfort food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Craft cocktails, beers and wines are available to enjoy with meals. Sunny Point Café is a family-owned and operated West Asheville restaurant featuring a covered, outdoor dining area and an on-site production garden providing fresh produce just steps from the kitchen. Well behaved dogs are welcome. Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Have been here quite a few times over the last 5 years and this will be our last. Food is often good, but when something is wrong, like egg whites running amok on your plate, somehow it is always your fault. They just don't offer to fix it, they then tell you that somehow you ordered an almost completely raw egg. Really? And if you have to wait an hour or two in line, then why would you subject yourself to the callousness of their wait staff?

6  Thank SmokinHotRanch
Write a ReviewReviews (2,166)

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Awesome! Located in the off the beaten west side of Asheville, but certainly worth the visit. Stopped in a half hour before closing, but were welcomed as if we were the first customers of the day. Noah, the manager, was a gracious knowledgable host. If breakfast is your favorite, and you're hungry order the Huevos Rancheros.......maybe the best breakfast ever. Unique, but taste bud busting plate. Not so hungry, order the Breakfast Sandwich. Served on a croissant with bacon that's phenomenal! Not the biggest of places, but a definite must do the next time in town. Parking is tight, but worth the walk.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We went to Sunny Point Café while visiting our daughters in Asheville. This is one of their favorite restaurants. We had to wait almost 30 minutes to get a table but it was worth it. We could have been seated sooner if we wanted to sit in the enclosed patio area but it was a cold day. They have heaters but it was still chilly out there. I had the wild mushroom omelet which was very good. My husband had the huevos rancheros and the girls had the huevos fucheros made with tofu chorizo. Everyone enjoyed their selections. Our service was good even though they were very busy. We definitely will go back when we return to Asheville.

1  Thank MommamurphyFlorida
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I happened upon this place after we went to a show at a bar/restaurant across the street the night before. So glad that we went here! The location is a bit off the beaten path of the usual Asheville fare, which can be a good thing (mainly so you can find parking for which you don't have to pay!). They have a coffee bar while you wait, and we were seated quite promptly even during a big weekend brunch crowd. The menu items are very unique and everything we had was quite awesome! Very vegetarian friendly. I had the "huevos fucheros" (which is huevos rancheros with tofu instead of chorizo). Incredible! The wife had the largest egg, cheese, and bacon sandwich I have ever seen (it was actually two sandwiches)! And we started with their sweet and savory carrot cake pancake. The server was attentive. It was all very very good, and we will definitely be returning here if given the opportunity…

2  Thank Matt M
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I found this place on tripadvisor. My husband and I decided to check it out - he was skeptical but I think ended up loving it more than I did. It's not a huge place - tables are quite close together but no big deal - cozy. My husband ordered the special - lobster ravioli with asparagus and an Asian sauce. Yummy, yummy, yummy! I ordered the chicken and waffle salad. 2 sweet cornbread waffles (hints of orange, crispy, yet fluffy) topped with mixed greens, berries, goat cheese, vinaigrette and 3 chicken fingers. Ok, I've never had chicken and waffles and this was definitely not traditional but wow! So delicious. The waffles were amazing! The hint of orange in them along with the crispness was so unusual - like sweet southern orange cornbread in waffle form. I'll be dreaming of them. I wish I lived here so I could visit often.

2  Thank afiddler