“Delicious, unique breakfast options in West Asheville off the beaten path!”
Review of Sunny Point Cafe

Sunny Point Cafe
Ranked #2 of 809 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: An Asheville favorite since 2003, Sunny Point Café serves award-winning upscale comfort food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Craft cocktails, beers and wines are available to enjoy with meals. Sunny Point Café is a family-owned and operated West Asheville restaurant featuring a covered, outdoor dining area and an on-site production garden providing fresh produce just steps from the kitchen. Well behaved dogs are welcome. Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I happened upon this place after we went to a show at a bar/restaurant across the street the night before. So glad that we went here! The location is a bit off the beaten path of the usual Asheville fare, which can be a good thing (mainly so you can find parking for which you don't have to pay!). They have a coffee bar while you wait, and we were seated quite promptly even during a big weekend brunch crowd. The menu items are very unique and everything we had was quite awesome! Very vegetarian friendly. I had the "huevos fucheros" (which is huevos rancheros with tofu instead of chorizo). Incredible! The wife had the largest egg, cheese, and bacon sandwich I have ever seen (it was actually two sandwiches)! And we started with their sweet and savory carrot cake pancake. The server was attentive. It was all very very good, and we will definitely be returning here if given the opportunity…

2  Thank Matt M

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I found this place on tripadvisor. My husband and I decided to check it out - he was skeptical but I think ended up loving it more than I did. It's not a huge place - tables are quite close together but no big deal - cozy. My husband ordered the special - lobster ravioli with asparagus and an Asian sauce. Yummy, yummy, yummy! I ordered the chicken and waffle salad. 2 sweet cornbread waffles (hints of orange, crispy, yet fluffy) topped with mixed greens, berries, goat cheese, vinaigrette and 3 chicken fingers. Ok, I've never had chicken and waffles and this was definitely not traditional but wow! So delicious. The waffles were amazing! The hint of orange in them along with the crispness was so unusual - like sweet southern orange cornbread in waffle form. I'll be dreaming of them. I wish I lived here so I could visit often.

2  Thank afiddler
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I asked where does the locals eat breakfast? and the immediate response Sunny Point Cafe. There was a little wait but you know what when it comes to good food I am all for it. The menu offers some twist but be adventurous and step out on faith Lol. The smoked apple maple sausage was divine. Portions are eye catching and the meats are antibiotic and hormone free. Sunny Point offers an array of in house made sauces that are available for sale so certainly if you are an out of Towner get some. They are open for Lunch and Dinner as well enjoy.

2  Thank CriadoC
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Had to wait about 15 minutes for a table for breakfast but worth it. This place prides itself on its fresh and organic ingredients. Don't be frightened by the unique menu offerings or the prices. I had a french toast with a warm gooey middle of cream cheese and bacon. It was amazing! Fried chicken on biscuit also very good. Guy next to us had some kind of grits dish and he just kept moaning with delight. FYI- They give you some kind of natural sweetener for your coffee but have some other options if you ask.

1  Thank Ga8tr
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Great little spot. We didn't have a long wait for lunch on a Sunday. The heater and coffee while waiting to be seated was nice. Good for at a reasonable price!

1  Thank Jeff T