“Heaven!”

Ranked #2 of 818 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: An Asheville favorite since 2003, Sunny Point Café serves award-winning upscale comfort food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Craft cocktails, beers and wines are available to enjoy with meals. Sunny Point Café is a family-owned and operated West Asheville restaurant featuring a covered, outdoor dining area and an on-site production garden providing fresh produce just steps from the kitchen. Well behaved dogs are welcome. Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Need a say more that we ate here twice! :) loved how you can get a cup of coffee outside while waiting (never have seen that before). The oj was delicious too. For our meals, which we loved every single one, we had waffles (the fruit was soo fresh), shrimp n grits with a biscuit, and biscuits and gravy! Omg the gravy is delicious and the biscuits are the BEST ever!! I liked how they always served breakfast since we always ate breakfast late.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,169)

Reviewed March 3, 2014

It's funny how when something is right in your back yard you barely seem to notice it!

Sunny Point Cafe proved to be an excellent choice and somewhere that we will frequent often. The food was delicious and the service was great. We loved the fact that they grow many of their own ingredients and even have a garden.

We all ordered something slightly different - everything from chicken to sweet potato fries to the best french toast on this planet.

Everything we had was amazing!

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Excellent coffee, maple black pepper bacon is awesome, great menu variety . Will definitely return. My daughter in law couldn't stop eating the angel biscuits and jam.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have been here twice and I will continue to go back every time I visit Asheville!! They have a wonderful variety of foods. Everything I've had i have loved. The first time I went I had some sort of deep fried avocado egg dish with salsa. AMAAAAAZING. I went back on my birthday last week and had the Huevos Rancheros. Soooo good! Also, my friend had the shrimp and grits... I literally could not stop eating off of his plate too! So great! I recommend this to anyone looking for a good restaurant. This place is very popular so sometimes you will have to wait but it is WORTH the wait. Some mornings they actually have self serve coffee outside on the waiting area. Also, their outdoor seating (with heaters in the winter) is pet friendly! Great food, excellent and friendly service. You need to eat here!!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Worth the wait to eat inside on a cold morning. Do NOT miss the Shrimp & Grits! Comes with a small salad with great greens! Great coffee