“Just Go!”

Ranked #3 of 829 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An Asheville favorite since 2003, Sunny Point Café serves award-winning upscale comfort food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Craft cocktails, beers and wines are available to enjoy with meals. Sunny Point Café is a family-owned and operated West Asheville restaurant featuring a covered, outdoor dining area and an on-site production garden providing fresh produce just steps from the kitchen. Well behaved dogs are welcome. Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

There's no hype here. It's REALLY JUST THAT GOOD, in a very unpretentious way. Very casual setting, very good service, outstanding food!
I'm not a huge bacon fan, but whatever they do to their bacon...I've truly never tasted anything so delicious in my life! I also had the oatmeal pancake, which was perfect. My daughter loved, loved, loved the breakfast sausage. And my husband, who is forever on a quest for the perfect Breakfast Burrito, was in heaven.
Go in knowing you'll have to wait for a table. We were told 40 minutes, but it was actually an hour. It was STILL worth it!! There are a lot of outstanding restaurants in Asheville, and this is one we would definitely go back to.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,236)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I heard lots of raving about this place prior to our visit so we had breakfast here before heading to the Biltmore. I had an omelet, it was fair. My son had French toast which was bland to me and he didn't eat much of it even though it is usually one of his favorite dishes. Not a horrible breakfast but did not live up to the hype.

1  Thank Darla G
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had Huevos Rancheros, an Oatmeal Pancake, and The Chicken Salad (with a biscuit). All items were delicious. We got there at 10:00 am on a Friday and had to wait 15 minutes for a table. It was worth it. Service was good as well. Wish we were in town longer so we could go back again.

1  Thank lisvelasco2001
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We had lunch on a rainy Saturday. The wait was short and worth it. The menu had many good lunch and breakfast options. Everything we order was excellent, would definitely return.

1  Thank tombrinson
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Previously I had only eaten breakfast (brunch) at this restaurant. I did eat brunch here again and found out it was open at night so went back-that's how good it was! For brunch I had the huevos rancheros and it was yummy. It's a black bean cake with eggs (fixed to your specification) with tomatilla salsa, cilantro crema and more. Delicious. For dinner I tried the arugula salad with warm brie and a slice of cooked apple, candied walnuts and balsamic dressing. It was so good I bought all the ingredients when I returned home! Then I had the tacos with black beans and fried avocado. Yum! I love this place! I'm willing to drive 1 1/2 hours to eat there.

1  Thank 614foodiegirl