“eclectic menu/delicious food”

Ranked #2 of 785 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: An Asheville favorite since 2003, Sunny Point Café serves award-winning upscale comfort food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Craft cocktails, beers and wines are available to enjoy with meals. Sunny Point Café is a family-owned and operated West Asheville restaurant featuring a covered, outdoor dining area and an on-site production garden providing fresh produce just steps from the kitchen. Well behaved dogs are welcome. Reservations accepted for dinner only.
guntersville,AL
“eclectic menu/delicious food”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Appearances are deceiving....this place is not much to look at but the food was awesome! They have an unusual menu. Lots of breakfast items but their dinner menu had so many yummy sounding items. My husband ordered the duck confit enchiladas. He loved it! I ordered the shrimp and grits and I upgraded my salad to the Fall Tarte Tatin. The shrimp and grits were very cheesy and creamy. The bacon on top was so flavorful. The salad was the bomb! A bed of greens with sliced apples and brie that had been warmed and served on top. Lots of candied walnuts and a maple dijon dressing. We were also served fresh bread with pesto and it was very good.
The service was ok. The waitress never came back to refill my water and they were not busy. Another employee stopped to chat at the table next to us and he was very loud.
Other than the few cons, the food was worth it and would def go back!

• Korean first
Concord, North Carolina
“well worth the wait”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

recently took a trip to asheville and came cross the restaurant..small place but the food have a huge taste....I was sooo impressed with the breakfast so much that we went back for lunch the next day.

Knoxville
“Awesome breakfast”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

This may have been the best breakfast I have ever had. The prices are so reasonable too. Good sausage, French toast, gravy. I'm sure everything I'd good and the portions are large. Had to wait over 30 minutes but it was worth every minute.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Popular breakfast spot with the crowds to prove it”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

On a recent trip to Asheville, NC the wife and I had Sunny Point cafe on our "must do" list for breakfast places. The menu along with online reviews and mouthwatering pictures of the food had us frothing at the mouth and at the restaurant 30 minutes before they opened on a recent Sunday morning. It was a good thing to for the line was quickly 50 people long before the doors opened. So get there early if you want a weekend brunch spot! Now, the staff did a great job filling up the restaurant and getting orders in, coffee served, etc to the entire restaurant at once. Having worked in a restaurant before, I know that can be a pretty intimidating chore, but they did great.

Hot, delicious coffee started us out and the wife drooled all over and raved like a maniac over the breakfast sandwich croissant of maple black pepper bacon. She was in love!

My vegetarian Huevos Fucheros was not as satisfying. It was either the cilantro crema or feta cheese that gave it an off-putting too creamy for my style tastes. If I were to do it again and could do it without that one ingredient, I'm sure the taste would have improved.

Did this deter my experience? Nah, cause the biscuits I ordered with the homemade jam more than made up for it! So good we came back for breakfast on Tuesday to get more biscuits and jam (including two jars of jam to bring back to Cincinnati). Wife again got the breakfast sandwich croissant of maple black pepper bacon and I got the vegetarian sausage on a biscuit with cheese.

The veggie sausage crushed the tofu chorizo on the Huevos Fucheros in my opinion. Delicious.

Great place, big crowds. Get there early and form a line by the door, because rude, hungry people will try to force their way in front of you to get at this scrumptious food.

Ocala, Fl.
“One of the best breakfasts I have had!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My daughter and granddaughter and I arrived early because we were told if you were not there by 8am, there would be a long line....happily for us, we were the second party seated and we were absolutely delighted with our food! My daughter ordered the popular "Huevos Rancheros" and I had a super delicious plate of Pumpkin-Caramel French Toast. The "French toast" was actually thick slices of pumpkin bread dipped in egg batter, sautéed and served with a drizzle of caramel sauce and fresh whip cream. It was pure bliss. My daughter and I shared bites of each other's order and 16-month-old granddaughter clapped her hands in glee with bites off of each of our plates. They have a beautiful garden just in back of the restaurant and though the season was over, their were still remnants of their harvest visible. I hope to return at the end of the summer and sample some of their fresh vegetables, fruits, and berries ...