“Popular breakfast spot with the crowds to prove it”
Review of Sunny Point Cafe

Sunny Point Cafe
Ranked #2 of 800 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: An Asheville favorite since 2003, Sunny Point Café serves award-winning upscale comfort food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Craft cocktails, beers and wines are available to enjoy with meals. Sunny Point Café is a family-owned and operated West Asheville restaurant featuring a covered, outdoor dining area and an on-site production garden providing fresh produce just steps from the kitchen. Well behaved dogs are welcome. Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

On a recent trip to Asheville, NC the wife and I had Sunny Point cafe on our "must do" list for breakfast places. The menu along with online reviews and mouthwatering pictures of the food had us frothing at the mouth and at the restaurant 30 minutes before they opened on a recent Sunday morning. It was a good thing to for the line was quickly 50 people long before the doors opened. So get there early if you want a weekend brunch spot! Now, the staff did a great job filling up the restaurant and getting orders in, coffee served, etc to the entire restaurant at once. Having worked in a restaurant before, I know that can be a pretty intimidating chore, but they did great.

Hot, delicious coffee started us out and the wife drooled all over and raved like a maniac over the breakfast sandwich croissant of maple black pepper bacon. She was in love!

My vegetarian Huevos Fucheros was not as satisfying. It was either the cilantro crema or feta cheese that gave it an off-putting too creamy for my style tastes. If I were to do it again and could do it without that one ingredient, I'm sure the taste would have improved.

Did this deter my experience? Nah, cause the biscuits I ordered with the homemade jam more than made up for it! So good we came back for breakfast on Tuesday to get more biscuits and jam (including two jars of jam to bring back to Cincinnati). Wife again got the breakfast sandwich croissant of maple black pepper bacon and I got the vegetarian sausage on a biscuit with cheese.

The veggie sausage crushed the tofu chorizo on the Huevos Fucheros in my opinion. Delicious.

Great place, big crowds. Get there early and form a line by the door, because rude, hungry people will try to force their way in front of you to get at this scrumptious food.

There are newer reviews for Sunny Point Cafe

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My daughter and granddaughter and I arrived early because we were told if you were not there by 8am, there would be a long line....happily for us, we were the second party seated and we were absolutely delighted with our food! My daughter ordered the popular "Huevos Rancheros" and I had a super delicious plate of Pumpkin-Caramel French Toast. The "French toast" was actually thick slices of pumpkin bread dipped in egg batter, sautéed and served with a drizzle of caramel sauce and fresh whip cream. It was pure bliss. My daughter and I shared bites of each other's order and 16-month-old granddaughter clapped her hands in glee with bites off of each of our plates. They have a beautiful garden just in back of the restaurant and though the season was over, their were still remnants of their harvest visible. I hope to return at the end of the summer and sample some of their fresh vegetables, fruits, and berries ...

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have been to Sunny Point Cafe twice before, driving up from Greenville, SC just to eat there. On this trip I was with five friends from both SC and NC. I love the food but you never know how others might react to a different kind of dining. All six of us loved our meals and almost licked our plates! I was thrilled at my friends' reactions to their meals. Whenever I mentined Sunny Point to people at the hotel where we stayed, in shops around town, and to our tour guide, all I ever got were positive comments. Try this place if you are ever in Asheville! Plan on a wait because it is quite popular but well worht it!

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

After a long drive from florida my better half and I decided our first stop would be the sunny point cafe after reading the great reviews on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed.we were greeted with smiling faces and helpful staff who made us feel very welcome.we started with the fried green tomatoes which were fresh and delicious and had the arugula salad which was equally so,for our main course we had the nights special which was a stuffed pork loin served over a delicious risotto,it was one of the best meals we have ever had and we can't wait to return to asheville where the sunny point cafe will be our first stop

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The food was excellent, it was also different then usual breakfast fare. There was a long wait.
The service was good. We went on a cold day ate in the enclosed patio. They have Warmers in that area