“Delicious breakfast”

Ranked #2 of 788 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: An Asheville favorite since 2003, Sunny Point Café serves award-winning upscale comfort food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Craft cocktails, beers and wines are available to enjoy with meals. Sunny Point Café is a family-owned and operated West Asheville restaurant featuring a covered, outdoor dining area and an on-site production garden providing fresh produce just steps from the kitchen. Well behaved dogs are welcome. Reservations accepted for dinner only.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Delicious breakfast”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Friendly, knowledgeable staff, big portions, delicious food. Wanted oatmeal pancakes but alas, not on the current menu :-(. Gorgeous herb garden next door, check it out!

• Korean first
Selsey England
“Thought I'd died and gone to breakfast heaven!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had the most delicious vegetarian breakfast "huevos fucheros" - all sorts of yummy ingredients, spices and textures going on . my husband had divine carrot hot cakes with cardamom cream cheese and bacon ( " peppered pork perfection" according to him !) . Get there when they open (8:30) because word is out and by 8:45 there was a wait . You can hang in their vegetable garden or drool over the menu trying to decide what to have !
Can't wait to go back - lunch looked fabulous too .

Asheville, North Carolina
“Great food and all organic breakfast”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We love Sunny Point, It is one of the jewels of West Asheville, great food and good people. Love to sit outside when the weather is nice.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“First time dining at Sunny Point Cafe but hopefully not my last!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I ate here today for the first time while on a business trip to Asheville. It is a casual restaurant with a beautiful shaded outdoor waiting area, a covered outdoor dining patio, and inside air-conditioned dining. We sat outside in the covered patio at a small table for two. The menu was intriguing and we had a hard time choosing between breakfast & lunch. My husband had the heuvos rancheros and he said that they were the best he's ever had. I had the black bean tostada which was also excellent. The blending of tastes, built around the grilled chipotle cheese grit cakes, was excellent. The service was top-notch, particularly for a casual dining restaurant. As we were leaving, I mentioned to the hostess that I might just order an appetizer and dessert the next time I visit (the desserts look absolutely scrumptious!) and she took me back into the restaurant to show me each individual dessert and describe it to me! The wait staff keep an eye on each others' tables to refill coffee, water, etc. They have their own adjacent garden where lots of the greens they use are grown. If you've got your heart set on a fancy dress-up place, there are lots of other options in Asheville, but if you're looking for an eclectic menu featuring locally-grown items and friendly servers, you can't go wrong here.

2 Thank kaldri01
Louisville, Kentucky
“The best!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I try to stop by Sunny Point, even if I'm just passing through Asheville. I can't just not go to Asheville without eating here - I can't go to North Carolina without eating here.

Yes, sometimes you have to wait a very long time, but their patio is lovely and the time seems to pass by quickly.

I have to get the Savory Stuffed French Toast every time. It's just the best breakfast/brunch item I've found anywhere. The Plain Jane Stuffed French Toast is also good, but the Savory is just too unique to pass up. Pour syrup on it for a delicious sweet/savory combination. And the fresh fruit that comes on the side is always a great complement to it.

The service is always friendly, despite the fact that the place is always packed.

You simply can't go near Asheville without stopping at Sunny Point.

• Visited January 2013