“My first ta review just cuz I loved this place so much”
Review of Chai Pani

Chai Pani
Ranked #29 of 793 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Innovative, fun, affordable, delicious, mind blasting Indian Cuisine featuring "chaat" - crunchy, spicy, sweet, tangy, brightly flavored Indian street snacks and "Thalis" - traditional family meals highlighting India's amazing culinary diversity. Recommended by the New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Bon Appetite, Food & Wine and GQ Magazine.
Asheville, North Carolina
“My first ta review just cuz I loved this place so much”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I've been in asheville for four days now and this is the best dinner I've had bar none. Great specials, good value and opinionated service. I won't even try to butcher the names of the food we had...just ask the server to take care of you and you'll be delighted. Promise.

Charlotte NC
“I wish I lived closer!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Sometimes there is a great divide between great reviews and reality. That is not the case with Chai Pani. We had lunch outside on a gorgeous spring day in Asheville. There were so many tempting things on the menu, I changed the order several times. Gotta love the patient guy behind the counter. Yes, you order and pay at the bar and get a number that you take to your table.

Then they bring the magnificent morsels to your table. After debating about 4 entrees, my husband and I chose 2 - an Indian street snack called Corn Bhel. It’s a vegan dish with fresh roasted corn, cucumber, cilantro, tomato, onions and flour crisps (puris) tossed with cilantro-cumin-lime dressing. ($6.75).

We also split the Kathi Kabab Roll. This Indian Wrap is filled Ashley Farms chicken seared with onions, cilantro & tandoori spices with rice, roasted lentils and tamarind & green chutneys in a griddled wrap (a wheat tortilla brushed with egg) served with masala fries and a homemade ketchup and the yoghurt-based sauce called riata. ($8.99)

The corn was light and flavorful. And the wrap was sublime. I'm already planning for another 4 hour round trip drive so I can try some more things on the menu. YUM! YUM! YUM!

You can read a more detailed account of our day in Asheville and lunch at Chai Pani at journeysbyjill.com.

• Visited April 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
“Not a big fan of Indian food but loved it”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My daughter has been wanting to go to Chai Pani ever since she heard about it. Very inviting atmosphere, cozy setting, great food even though I'm not a big Indian food fan. Service was fast and we didn't have to wait although we did go early (a little after 6) on a Saturday night. Would definitely go back.

Asheville, NC
“Best Indian in Asheville”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We eat here almost weekly. Having both visited India we love the authenticity of the food. They always get it right and it is one of our favorite spots in Asheville. Love it!

Roswell, Georgia, United States
“Try Something New”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Chai Pani does not accept reservations, so we put our name on the list and strolled outside for fifteen minutes. As soon as we returned, we were seated. Chai Pani features Indian street food and there were many choices. The mountain of julienned okra fries were the most unusual dish. Indian food is so highly seasoned that I was grateful for having ordered a Mango Lassi drink to cool my throat. Eating Indian tapas was a unique experience. So many choices, so little room in my tummy.

• Visited April 2013