“The best Indian street food”
Review of Chai Pani

Chai Pani
Ranked #27 of 800 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Innovative, fun, affordable, delicious, mind blasting Indian Cuisine featuring "chaat" - crunchy, spicy, sweet, tangy, brightly flavored Indian street snacks and "Thalis" - traditional family meals highlighting India's amazing culinary diversity. Recommended by the New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Bon Appetite, Food & Wine and GQ Magazine.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was so impressed with this place. By far the best Indian food I've had anywhere. I got a chicken wrap and the seasoning was out of this world. The okra fries are an absolute must. We will definitely go back the next time we're in Asheville.

There are newer reviews for Chai Pani

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful place to get a variety of Indian Street food. Everything is good and plenty at a great price. Okra fries are yummy...then again...everything is yummy! This is a staple for us when we go to Asheville, which says something because we don't like to repeat restaurants when there are so many good ones to try. Expect to wait.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I live in Asheville and this restaurant is by far one of my absolute favorites. The food is out of this world! It's great, my husband and I crave it! It's casual and a great atmosphere. However, I have never once had good service there. I have had on multiple occasions been ignored, forgotten about, had to ask for things multiple times, and had my waitress roll her eyes at me once!! It's been three years I have been going here and everytime I leave I am stuffed yet angry that I had the worst service I have ever had at any restaurant in the area. So I ask, what do I do Chai Pani?! Please, for your Benefit, improve your staff.

1  Thank Kristinaanneserenity
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Chai Pani offer a delicious opportunity to experience Indian street food. I've travelled across India and have missed the street food. This restaurant offers the chance to step into that world. In addition to the food the atmosphere is just great. Locals, Indians and folks have travelled to India rub shoulders with Asheville visitors. So it is a crossroad itself, just like the streets of India. If you are at all I triaged, check it out!

1  Thank JLB_miles_to_go
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This restaurant is a great place for beginners eating Indian foods. This is the everyday foods, or street foods, that Indian families are more likely to serve at home. We're fairly new at Indian cuisine. For visitors in the Asheville area, a real foodie's delight, don't miss this. Their signature dish, matchstick okra fries, was sensational. We were on an "Asheville food tour" given to us by a daughter who lives there. We were given many, very generous samples of various dishes like corn bhel, grilled paneer salad, the okra plus several other dishes and drinks. We will definitely go back here when we return to Asheville.

1  Thank WorldTravelers1218