“Tasty and super fast service !”
Review of Chai Pani

Chai Pani
Ranked #23 of 823 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Innovative, fun, affordable, delicious, mind blasting Indian Cuisine featuring "chaat" - crunchy, spicy, sweet, tangy, brightly flavored Indian street snacks and "Thalis" - traditional family meals highlighting India's amazing culinary diversity. Recommended by the New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Bon Appetite, Food & Wine and GQ Magazine.
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I loved this restaurant !!! Great tasty inexpensive food coupled with good service! Definately one we'll visit again.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had never heard of this place before trying it, but we will definitely be going back next time we are in Asheville. We were first interested in this restaurant not only because it was Indian cuisine, but also because it had many gluten-free options. We started with the Bombay Chili Cheese Fries. The fries are matchstick size fries so it was something that could be eaten with either your hands or with a fork. As the menu states, they were awesome. It is something that is large enough to be shares with 3 or 4 people or maybe as a main entree for one person.
For a main course, one of us had the Paneer Uttapam and the other had the Traditional Vegetarian Thali. The Uttapam was very good and was like an Indian pizza on a crepe. The Traditional meal came out on a large platter with a number of different items. I enjoyed it because it gave me a taste of different flavors...each of which was very good.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Wow! This funky, colorful little restaurant is the perfect home for some fabulous, colorful dishes. Fresh in more ways than one--this is not what I envision when I think of a typical Indian restaurant. The dishes include inventive twists on classics and many crreative new items. Fresh, crisp and refreshing offerings like corn bhel, tangy/crispy threads of okra fries, delicious varieties of thalis. I was ready to be their walking billboard. Namaste Y'all!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My family and I spent the night in Ashville on the way back to Columbus from Jacksonville. On past such trips, we've stopped in either Charlotte or Chattanooga. We may be making Ashville our half-way point from here on out, and Chai Pani is definitely a big factor.

Wow. Ashville is such a beautiful little town with such an amazing selection of restaurants, pubs and coffee shops. So many of the little places looked amazing. I'm glad, however, that we chose Chai Pani for our one dinner on this trip.

Dang.

I'm so tired of the same fare at Indian restaurants. I can't bear another tepid, boring buffet. And as much as I love a good chicken tikka masala, sometimes I want to eat Indian street food, something that scares me a little when I'm traveling in the sub-continent.

Chai Pani serves up a delightful selection of reasonably authentic chaats, including a tangy bhelpuri that days later I can't stop thinking about. Think of this as a casual Indian tapas restaurant. Order a little bit of everything and wash it down with a local IPA.

The five of us ate and drank our fill for less than $70, and none of us had the squirts that usually follow this kind of indulgence.

We will definitely be back.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

this is not your typical indian restaurant. people who grew up in india would know what street food is. surprised to find a place like this in ashville. its more of a snack place than a restaurant. must try if you are in the area.Matchstick okra fries is a must try.

1  Thank pearl d