“Do not miss Chai Pani while in Asheville!”
Review of Chai Pani

Chai Pani
Ranked #25 of 809 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Innovative, fun, affordable, delicious, mind blasting Indian Cuisine featuring "chaat" - crunchy, spicy, sweet, tangy, brightly flavored Indian street snacks and "Thalis" - traditional family meals highlighting India's amazing culinary diversity. Recommended by the New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Bon Appetite, Food & Wine and GQ Magazine.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place is always packed and for good reason: the food is INCREDIBLE! Lots of wonderful choices. 5 of us went and we shared all our dishes and loved them all. I don't like heat in my food and there were still some delicious choices that were not spicy. And a fabulous value too!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

My parents, my sister and I are from Memphis, TN and we've made the drive 3 times to eat here-that's how good it is! The service is superb, ask for Andrew when you're there! The corn behl is refreshing and light and the okra dish is crunchy and delicious. Start with those! Sometimes going to international restaurants and looking at their menus can be daunting but here, everything is good. And if they have Butter Chicken, always get it and pair it with garlic and cilantro naan and paratha. You can't go wrong with these! Enjoy! :)

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was a late lunch and there was still a line at 1:30. Yes it was the holidays but even so....The wait was worth it even if the seat selection was very tight and too near the door to stay warm in 30 degree weather.
The server was very knowledgeable about the menu and encouraged us to try a couple of sample plates. Well the food made up for the first impression...Some great flavors, the curries were excellent, the roti was great and the naan was wonderful for dipping in all the various stews/chutneys. We ended up having three items since the waiter put our order in wrong and brought us the roasted corn with fresh veggies...how lucky can we be! This will be on the menu at our house when the garden comes in the summer.....
I would go back tomorrow if only I were closer...

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Four of us visited for lunch on the day after Christmas. The room was full, bit no waiting. Service was casual but friendly - Asheville typical. All the food was first rate and the prices were reasonable. We parked in the deck on Battery for just 75 cents for 90 minutes.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I am a major fan of Indian food and this place was amazing. My husband ordered the Pork Vindaloo Thali -- so complex and delicious. Not just heat and not just your usual curry-house flavors. I got the Bhel Poori and it was the best I have ever had. The server was so sweet. I was debating between a couple of appetizer/tiffin type selections and the saag paneer thali. He encouraged me to go for the small plates and brought me a small dish of the saag so I would be able to experience that, too. It was good, but I am glad I took his advice.

In addition to the Bhel, I had the Kale Pakoras which were kale leaves dipped in chickpea flour batter and fried.....OMG. Unreal! Also had an Uttapam with coconut chutney since they don't show up on menus often. Not as knock-out as the pakoras and bhel, but really delish.

Oh, and all this food and one beer came in at $42. Beat that! If I lived in Asheville, I'd be here at least once a week.