“Great variety.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pack's Tavern

Pack's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Pack's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Marjorie St
Transit: Bus stop 50 yards from building
Description: Pack's Tavern is proud to be housed in the historic Hayes and Hopson building in the middle of Pack Square Park. We are a locally family owned and operated restaurant serving a deliciously eclectic menu. We pride ourselves on top notch customer service and an inviting atmosphere. Pack's Tavern offers something for everyone as a restaurant, bar, tavern, event space, parkside patio, shuffleboard, 13 TV's, and free live music! Pack's Tavern offers outstanding service, the best drinks in town, and a large eclectic menu of over 60 items; everything from signature salads to hand formed burgers, from wonderful appetizers to hot pizza from our wood fired oven in a friendly, hospitable atmosphere. All to be enjoyed in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Asheville's "front yard", Pack Square Park. What else separates Pack's Tavern from other establishments is our unique variety of both local and regional craft beer. Our servers are happy to offer suggestion or try one of our beer "flights!" We rotate 30 or more local, national, and international craft beers to offer the best selection available.
“Great variety.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner with another couple and our dishes ranged from pasta to seafood to bison meatloaf. Everyone enjoyed their dish and the service was prompt and friendly. Good place to go when your group all might want something different.

• Visited April 2013

MidWest
“BEST Chicken Tenders ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Don''t let the menu or the prices fool you---these are not only handmade in store, but the portions HUGE and mouth watering. Served with fries & cole Slaw, one person can't eat them all.
It amazes me how they can sell such a meal for so little. Pack's Tavern stands alone as a landmark of quality & service in downtown Asheville. For a true dining experience, this is a MUST DO in Asheville.

Visited March 2013
Asheville
“Easy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Packs always seems to have room, rarely is there a wait. You can usually find parking and that is good. Most of the food is very good and I like their fish tacos. Nice decor and they have a great selection of micro brews and usually have deals on local ones. I have taken family from out of town here many times as I know they will like it.

Visited January 2013
WARNE
“Decent enough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been here four times and each time of course is different. The second time I came the hosting staff was snobbish, it took forever for my friend and myself to be seated, they had been busy but they had plenty of tables free. The next time i came with a different friend just to have a drink at the bar, the girl behind the bar was great and made an awesome White Russian. I just recently came back with two other friends,iit was during the day and they hasn't been open too long but we were greated nicely and sat at a table as soon as we walked in. The food was Pretty good, I had the French dip. The waiter we had was nice but he wasn't as responsive enough to our table as he should have been, it was not very busy, but he was good enough since we weren't in a major rush. I would come back if I were with others and they wanted to go their.

Kings Mountain, NC
“Potato Salad like my homemade.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband, daughter and I all agreed that Pack's Tavern's potato salad tasted just like my own homemade potato salad. I had the crab cake sliders. Yum! Great decor. Super service. Would definitely recommend lunch here.

Visited March 2013