“Cool Tavern in Asheville, Very local atmosphere, Lots of beers on tap and a variety of local cuisine” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pack's Tavern

Pack's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Pack's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 775 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Marjorie St
Transit: Bus stop 50 yards from building
Description: Pack's Tavern is proud to be housed in the historic Hayes and Hopson building in the middle of Pack Square Park. We are a locally family owned and operated restaurant serving a deliciously eclectic menu. We pride ourselves on top notch customer service and an inviting atmosphere. Pack's Tavern offers something for everyone as a restaurant, bar, tavern, event space, parkside patio, darts, shuffleboard, 13 TV's, and free live music! Pack's Tavern offers outstanding service, the best drinks in town, and a large eclectic menu of over 60 items; everything from signature salads to hand formed burgers, from wonderful appetizers to fresh cut steaks and seafood in a friendly, hospitable atmosphere. All to be enjoyed in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Asheville's newly renovated Pack Square Park. What else separates Pack's Tavern from other establishments is our unique variety of craft beer. We carefully pair beer styles with food items on the menu so you can experience the remarkable compatibility of food and beer. We rotate 30 or more local, national, and international craft beers to offer the best selection available.
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

If you want a taste of asheville, this is the place to go. Right off Pack Square, the right side of the restaraunt affords views of some of the best architecture in the city and the newly renovated park. The restaraunt offers live music on the weekends, so you are able to check out a variety of local bands and solo acts. They also offer a variety of beers, many of which are brewed locally. The beers, local music, and location are the highlights of this establishment. The service is mediocore at best, with servers often forgetting what to get you and slow cooks in the kitchen. However, this probably also makes it authentically Ashevillian. Patrons can choose from a variety of menu items, some of which are good. I like to get the dip sampler which has hummus, hot pimento cheese, and spinach artichoke dip. I love the hot pimento cheese and my 5 year old loves the hummus, and he usually eats every bite. As far as the entrees, the salads are fairly good and there is a BLT with a fried green tomato which is really good and a local favorite. Stay away from the "Flatillas", they are parading as healthy options, but are really overally greasy quesadillas. Also, an insider tip: Sometimes Pack's Tavern has coupons available on restaraunt.com and you can get a few $$ off your meal.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank StacyPTraveler

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband & I visited Pack's during our Asheville vacation. We used a restaurant.com certificate, which made it even better! We had to wait about 15 minutes for a table, but it was well worth it! The fried pickles were so good, and our entrees were great. We shared a slice of peanut butter pie for dessert & it was amazing! We'll definitely go back the next time we're in town.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank langar612
Colchester, Connecticut
“It was a disaster!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

It's a very cool loooking tavern with a great selection of beer. The food was just average. The service was terrible. We started off with drinks on our laps!!! I would reccommend this restauarant for possibly a drink.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fort Myers, Florida
“Excellent food and family friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

I was really impressed with Pack's Tavern. My mom had been singing its praises, so I was looking forward to checking it out. I went with my cousin, her 2 year old, my mom, and my aunt. We started with the fried pickles, which were outstanding!! I cleaned the plate of my chicken fiesta salad and my aunt definitely enjoyed her fish tacos (which were more like a wrap). My cousin enjoyed her black bean burger and said that the sweet potato fries were definitely memorable. My mom had a burger (which is an unusual treat for her) and she ate up every bite. The little one had mini corn dogs, which were selected from a nice variety of choices from the kids' menu. They also had drink specials, even for lunch time! I can't wait to visit this place on my next trip to AVL!!

1 Thank KVereen
mommytorw
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

Enjoyable atmosphere for a family. Humus was very good. Nice view of Pack's park next door.

1 Thank mommytorw