“Enjoyably Haunting evening.”

and up
Asheville Ghost Walking Tour and Mystery Museum
Ranked #16 of 64 Tours in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest & oldest running ghost tour in Asheville! Designed by Joshua P. Warren, author of HAUNTED ASHEVILLE, we offer five different paranormal tours, & we are the ONLY tour that takes you inside the "Asheville Mystery Museum" in the basement of the Masonic Lodge! On your tour, we use digital tabs and lasers to explore Asheville's dark history, the Brown Mountain Lights, and our region's most ominous spooks and specters. See why we've always been #1!
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Very cold night for a tour. Guide was very knowledgeable. Even with the cold weather, the time flew by. We have done ghost walks all over the world. I would rate this one better than most. Asheville is a small town, so it's a small territory to cover, but the times flys by and the stories are interesting and entertaining. Would defiantly recommend.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The tour was perfect. Luckily for me I was the only one there. My guides name was Tadd and he was an expert in describing and showing the sites. I am already planning on going on the other tours offered through www.hauntedasheville.com. The cost was 20$ and i would have paid gladly, alot more. If you ever want to see the darkside of Asheville, this is the tour for you. Ask for Tadd, He is the one you want to show you around. Going late at night was perfect for the ambience' of the subject matter. I cannot say enough about my enjoyment. Thanks Tadd !

Andrew

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I've been on a handful of haunted tours throughout the South. This was absolutely the worst. Our tour guide, Dakota, was high as a kite. He couldn't keep his eyes open most of the tour. He repeated himself continuously and kept telling us how he was carrying a blade. There were only 2 of us and we didn't ask any questions but it still took 2 hours. Some of the locations he took us to, we felt unsafe.

I went through a range of emotions during this tour. Anger, boredom and laughable to name a few. This is not the tour you want to go on if you actually do enjoy ghost tours. That is 2 hours of my life I will never get back.

6  Thank inkhaus
shadowboxent, Owner at Haunted Asheville Ghost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

This guide is no longer with our company.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I enjoyed the walk around Asheville and some of the stories can be alot of fun. I think there is a nice mix of haunted and history. The problem I have is that I had obviously the third string guy who had speaking issues. If you have a problem with slurring words, maybe you should be working in the office instead or the tour part of the job. Nice fella but didn't really know how to weave a story well and certainly couldn't stay focused.
If you have a night free, want a good long walk, and want to see Asheville....go for this.

2  Thank drkappasig
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is hands down the best tour my husband and I have ever been on, and we have done haunted tours in several cities over the years, including Charleston, Savannah, and Salem. Our tour guide was really knowledgeable, and he even stayed after with us for a long time talking to us and answering questions. This tour covers a much broader spectrum than your typical haunted tour. I found it refreshing. If you are interested in history, and want a more intellectual tour rather than just a thrill or a scare, this is the tour for you.