“Delicious and fun (even if you eat gluten free!)”

Asheville Food Tours
Ranked #4 of 32 Food & Drink in Asheville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover the original Asheville Food Tour. In this premiere tour, taste the unique flavor of Asheville on our guided walking tours of the city's culinary treasures, in historic downtown Asheville. Eating Asheville one bite at a time never tasted so good! One of the nation's premiere food destinations, Asheville boasts some of the most exciting and memorable food in the South. Asheville Food Tours offers a sumptuous glimpse into this exotic world of local Asheville restaurants and gourmet food shops and featuring artisan cheeses and choice meats from local farms, crusty baked breads from local ovens, rich hand-made chocolates, dynamic wine lists and hand-crafted local beer.
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
“Delicious and fun (even if you eat gluten free!)”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Asheville Food Tour was one of my favorite Ashville attractions. We went to a variety of restaurants and met some nice people from other parts of the country. And if you eat gluten free, just tell Chris and he will let the restaurant know in advance. All the food I had was delicious and it gives you a good idea as to where you would like to back for dinner.

Visited June 2013

Marietta, GA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Unique experience”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have been in Asheville for over 30 years and had relatives visit and decided to do something I have never done. I ran into Chris a year before in Woolworths and got his card and decided this June that we would take his tour- I was very glad I did. It was good exercise and great food. My only suggestion is to add a little more history to his program. Don't miss this experience.

Plainfield, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food Tour was wonderful!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We took the Asheville Food Tour in June 2013 and it was a wonder experience. Many different food choices, walking around Asheville, learning about an interesting city. I would do it again

Visited June 2013
Sanford, Florida
“Great way to see Asheville”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was a fun way to experience Asheville, try some new foods and meet new people. We made 7 stops. Two of the stops were non restaurants. We were treated to chocolates, ice cream floats, Italian, Indian, Low Country, Farm Fresh, olive oils, and vinegars.

Crystal River, Florida, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the price of the ticket!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I told my husband that I thought the ticket price for both of us to do the food tour was worth more than spending that amount towards one nice meal and he agreed wholeheartedly. Even though we got rained on (should have brought our rain coats) it was still fun to talk to the other people on our tour and wonderful to get a flavor for the Asheville restaurant scene. We thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm sure it had nothing to do with the 4 or 5 chocolate tastings we had at "Chocolate Fettish." Mmmm!