“Perfect vacation activity”

Asheville Food Tours
Ranked #4 of 32 Food & Drink in Asheville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover the original Asheville Food Tour. In this premiere tour, taste the unique flavor of Asheville on our guided walking tours of the city's culinary treasures, in historic downtown Asheville. Eating Asheville one bite at a time never tasted so good! One of the nation's premiere food destinations, Asheville boasts some of the most exciting and memorable food in the South. Asheville Food Tours offers a sumptuous glimpse into this exotic world of local Asheville restaurants and gourmet food shops and featuring artisan cheeses and choice meats from local farms, crusty baked breads from local ovens, rich hand-made chocolates, dynamic wine lists and hand-crafted local beer.
Asheville, North Carolina
“Perfect vacation activity”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This tour is a great way to discover downtown Asheville. In addition to the amazing food, the tour guide Chris shares interesting facts about Asheville's history and architecture. The variety of establishments visited is excellent. A perfect mix of sweet and savory. The visit to Olive & Kickin' was particularly interesting, as I had no idea sampling balsamic vinaigrettes could be so delicious. I highly recommend this tour as a perfect activity on your vacation in Asheville.

Cary, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent food tour”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My wife and I had a great time on this tour. Chris is a very knowledgable tour guide and the mix of restaurants/specialty shops/bakeries was great. Our favorite was the chocolate shop. We also enjoyed meeting and eating with the other folks on the tour.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A good tour concept but a little disappointed”
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We have taken tours in various U.S. cities, but this one failed to meet my expectations. I wasn't impressed with all the restaurant selections. I liked the variety of the restaurants and am glad they weren't all the same types of food, but besides for the ice cream shop, none of the food really "wow'd" me.

Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time, even with a baby!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We visited 8 restaurants with our guide (Chris) with our 8 month old in tow (recommend a backpack carrier if you're bringing a little one).

Good mix of sweet and savory. Chris knew Asheville well and I appreciated the little stroll between each stop. We were full but not stuff afterward and enjoyed getting to sample a variety of restaurants all in one day.

The tour seems to support a variety of local restaurants - two of our stops were places that opened within the last two months and it was nice to see them clearly incorporating new places in a very "real-time" way. It means that we could come again and not see the same thing twice which is great!

The best stops were those where the owner, chef, or server could speak knowledgeably about the food, the local food scene, and why they were serving what they served. Two of the stops (Chocolate Gem and the local soda fountain) didn't have great presenters/any presentation and I found those to be lacking. Highlights included Chestnut and Chai Pani!!

Tour was baby friendly but I wouldn't recommend bringing a toddler.

1 Thank emckibben2460
Akron, Ohio
“Asheville Food Tour”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This tour was so fun! Chris, the tour guide, took us to 8 locations - restaurants, chocolate store, bakery, olive oil shop and made the walking tour interesting. I would highly recommend this tour. Great value for the price.

Jan D.