“Can Italian be so simple, yet so flavorful?”

Vinnie's Neighborhood Italian
Ranked #6 of 811 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Formerly the Award Winning Savoy now Vinnie's. Same owner, same attention to details, quality of food and service.
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

First, ask for Casey. She knows how to pair the food that will make your night. My wife had the gluten free spaghetti and meat balls. She said it was the best she's ever had. I had the specialty pizza. All I remember is, I ate the entire pizza!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,408)

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We visited here for dinner This past weekend on vacation. After reading all the reviews we were excited to dine at Vinnie's. Maybe it was an "off" night. I will say that the bartender was very knowledgable, and delivered excellent service! Once we were seated, things were not so great. Perhaps our waitress was trying to cover too many tables for a Saturday night? She was attentive to get our orders in and after that we hardly saw her. Our entrees took a very long time to arrive, we asked for refills on wine which never arrived, and the marinara sauce and calzone were bland. I believe there are many other excellent Italian choices in Asheville to choose from.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Several years ago, the owner elected to transform his fine dining restaurant into neighborhood Italian...and it has become (justifiably) one of the most consistent 'go-to' restaurants in a city noted for food excellence. As other reviewers attest, the staff is knowledgeable, friendly and anxious to please, the food is consistently good (with some of the dishes the best of what we've ever had...eggplant parmesan and linguini in clam sauce to name a few), the wine list is notable and the prices are reasonable (especially considering the size of the portions). Most importantly, the management wants you to enjoy a "neighborhood" experience and consistently works to ensure that. On the rare occasion where something isn't right, your dish is either replaced or your bill is adjusted. Their rewards program is generous...but then their owner is hugely supportive of community, often where most are unaware of his generosity. In short, they care as much as anywhere we have ever dined, and that is why so many enjoy repeated visits to Vinnie's....and why I feel they should be rated as I did.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Our innkeeper told us if we wanted Italian - good to "V" downtown Asheville. A local we met during the day said forget V go to Vinnie's - better food and prices that are much better. While I can't comment on the 'V" Vinnie's was excellent. The double baked lasagna was way too much for one person (we had no place to save it) - so was stuffed. Serve was also very good. When leaving the restaurant it seems like every person wished us a good night. I joked to the wife and then the bartender wished us a good night. Music could be a bit lower.

1  Thank travelsbyrail
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Every dish we had was excellent. Best, they did an excellent job of serving it in true Italian style, splitting courses and serving them one at a time. Good value!

1  Thank ridger2222