“Worth the wait!”

Ranked #10 of 800 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Formerly the Award Winning Savoy now Vinnie's. Same owner, same attention to details, quality of food and service.
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

You may have a wait, but it is well worth the wait! Never been disappointed. Large portions and great prices. The best Italian food around!

2  Thank Lane284
There are newer reviews for Vinnie's Neighborhood Italian

Reviewed December 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I were at the Grand Bohemian Hotel looking for dinner suggestions when one of the staff suggested Vinnie's. We decided to venture out to Vinnie's and were not disappointed! We arrived around 7 and had to wait for an hour, which isn't the most desirable, but the waitstaff did their best to make our wait as comfortable as possible. They came around with free samples of pizza and chatted with all the guests making the time fly by. David, one of the managers, kept us laughing all night! When we finally were sat, we had the nicest server, Pilar, attending to our table. My boyfriend and I each ordered our separate dishes and they were HUGE! My boyfriend got the Spaghetti with Sunday Gravy and I got the Chicken Parmigiana - definitely REAL Italian food. To top off dinner, we tried the Tiramisu - delicious! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone who visits Asheville.

1  Thank MEP10221
Reviewed December 4, 2013

On the Friday after Thanksgiving, a friend and I arrived at Vinnie's at 10:26 PM. We asked if the kitchen was still open just 4 minutes before closing. They were all so gracious from the host to our wonderful table server, Claire. We enjoyed minestrone soup that was so delicious, just like Grandma's. The calzones were perfectly seasoned and baked. I have visited Vinnie's other times, but their kindness just before closing was worth writing about.

2  Thank Rita J
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Vinnie's, located on busy Merrimon Ave. is a very good place if you're looking for Italian food in Asheville. The overall atmosphere is busy and a bit noisy- not strong for atmosphere, tables are close and we didn't see any booths, but the food is tasty, well presented, and the portions are HUGE. They take no reservations so plan your visit accordingly- we went on a Tuesday night, fairly early and the place was BUSY. The prices are excellent- definitely worth a visit if you are in Asheville for a few days.

2  Thank honge76
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My fiancé and I were celebrating just getting engaged at Grandfather Mountain and when our servers (Sean and David) found out, they made our day even more special by offering us complimentary wine. When we were leaving, the entire staff, cooks, waitstaff and bartenders waved us off and congratulated us for getting engaged. They really went above and beyond for us and I couldn't have asked for anything better. Not only was their food, as I like to say the bomb.com, but the service was spectacular. Kudos goes out to the management for molding these employees into 5 star quality restaurant employees! I would highly recommend this restaurant to locals or visitors, like ourselves.

2  Thank jamielou310