“Great Neighborhood Hospitality”

Ranked #4 of 830 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Formerly the Award Winning Savoy now Vinnie's. Same owner, same attention to details, quality of food and service.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

On the Friday after Thanksgiving, a friend and I arrived at Vinnie's at 10:26 PM. We asked if the kitchen was still open just 4 minutes before closing. They were all so gracious from the host to our wonderful table server, Claire. We enjoyed minestrone soup that was so delicious, just like Grandma's. The calzones were perfectly seasoned and baked. I have visited Vinnie's other times, but their kindness just before closing was worth writing about.

2  Thank Rita J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,564)

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Vinnie's, located on busy Merrimon Ave. is a very good place if you're looking for Italian food in Asheville. The overall atmosphere is busy and a bit noisy- not strong for atmosphere, tables are close and we didn't see any booths, but the food is tasty, well presented, and the portions are HUGE. They take no reservations so plan your visit accordingly- we went on a Tuesday night, fairly early and the place was BUSY. The prices are excellent- definitely worth a visit if you are in Asheville for a few days.

2  Thank honge76
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My fiancé and I were celebrating just getting engaged at Grandfather Mountain and when our servers (Sean and David) found out, they made our day even more special by offering us complimentary wine. When we were leaving, the entire staff, cooks, waitstaff and bartenders waved us off and congratulated us for getting engaged. They really went above and beyond for us and I couldn't have asked for anything better. Not only was their food, as I like to say the bomb.com, but the service was spectacular. Kudos goes out to the management for molding these employees into 5 star quality restaurant employees! I would highly recommend this restaurant to locals or visitors, like ourselves.

2  Thank jamielou310
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Best Eggplant Parmesan I've ever had. Great sangria and wine select also! Hands down best italian in Asheville! Excellent service and atmosphere!

1  Thank Emily T
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have always been impressed by the level of service patrons receive at Vinnie's. I visit a lot of Asheville restaurants and cannot think of another establishment where customers are greeted so warmly each time they walk through the door.

Recently, my husband and I dined here with his parents when they were visiting from out of town. During dinner my mother-in-law gave us a belated anniversary card. When the server stopped by our table later he noticed the card and inquired if we were celebrating a special occasion. When we explained it was for our anniversary he offered us complimentary dessert.

I was truly impressed that this server took the initiative to notice the card and to ask if we were celebrating. Despite the many wonderful restaurants in Asheville, this level of service is often unparalleled.

In my experience, great restaurant service comes from the top down. Servers will reflect the attitudes of management. It is clear that management at Vinnie's puts a strong focus on service and empowers their staff to go above and beyond. If you dine here, I feel confident that your meal will be delicious and you will be treated like family!

1  Thank Hip-Hopkins77