“Great Service, OK Food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chophouse at 4 points Sheraton

Chophouse at 4 points Sheraton
Reserve with OpenTable
Chophouse at 4 points Sheraton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #569 of 775 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Long Island, NY
“Great Service, OK Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I wish I had been hungry enough to order the steak so I had a better comparison for this review, but I did order the Chicken Breasts and started with the french onion soup. The Bread was tasty - had some sort of pesto/salt covering. It wasn't warm, which was a little disappointing, but we managed to polish off the loaf regardless. The soup was very good. The chicken was average, as were the garlic mashed potato side. It's not entirely fair to give a review on a restaurant after just one meal, but that's how Tripadvisor works. I get to go to a lot of steakhouses for work, and this is not up with the 5 star ones I've been to. My friend had the ahi tuna app and salmon main course and might have gone 4 if he was writing the review. Regardless, Our server Julie was great. Friendly and attentive, so that helped keep the rating positive.

• Visited June 2013

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Great Food, Great Service and Comfortable Fine Dinning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We dined at the Chophouse last evening and it was Wonderful to say the least.

A party of three, we started off with Executive Chef Michelle's bruschetta topped fried green tomato appetizer, I do not like tomatoes but this appetizer was delightful, I enjoyed every bite.
Next I enjoyed the French onion soup while the others had Caesar Salads. If you like Caesar Salad you must try theirs, the Romaine lettuce is slightly chard and the dressing outstanding full of flavor. My husband would be in heaven if they bottled and sold their dressing. The side dishes are large so we shared the fantastic herb roasted mushrooms and a loaded baked potato both were excellent. I had the Prime Rib Special with roasted garlic smashed potatoes and it was the best I have had in Western North Carolina, seasoned and cooked perfectly. My husband and our guest had the Filet Mignon and they again were perfectly seasoned and cooked, every bite was enjoyed. Yes this restaurant is a little higher priced, but as the saying goes, quality comes with a price.
The service was excellent, we were greeted by several staff members, Michael was our server, he is not only great at his job but he also is friendly and makes you feel welcome. He also knows the Asheville area as well. This is a great restaurant and everyone should plan a night of dining at the Chop House.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cartersville, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Impressed At All”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were expecting a higher quality of food at this "fine dining restaurant".

The food was very bland - we both had steak and there was no taste to it. We also had the crab cakes as an appetizer, there was more bread than crab also very bland.

The restaurant is nicely decorated and the service was good but that is about it. We call and made reservations but when we got there for our 7:45PM reservation on a Saturday night is was almost empty. Never more than 6 or 7 tables eating at one time.

For a fine dining restaurant it is an epic fail.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Madison P
Charlotte, North Carolina
“What a disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

The steaks were average at best and our waiter obviousely suffered from agorophobia since we rarely saw him after he took our order. Avoid this restaurant. So many other excellent places to dine in Ashville.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bsc3212
Toronto, Canada
“Not horrible, not great, just convenient but definitely overpriced.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I'm staying at four points and decided to just eat at the chop house sense its raining out. I ordered the chicken fettuccine, was ok, kinda bland. But I was so hungry that it didn't really matter. Way over priced for sure. Beer selection was decent.

I dined alone and while there was a lively crowd playing trivia in the bar area, because I said I would not be playing they sat me way at the back in the more "formal" dinning area where there was NO ONE... as more single diners came in they all sat us there in our own booths unable to see anyone or anything... I would have just ordered room service if I wanted to eat dinner and stare at nothing. But the wait staff were friendly. Oh and the "lounge menu" is more affordable but didn't look to appetizing.

All and all, if you're in the hotel, starving, and can afford fine dining prices go for it. If you're looking for an atmosphere where you can have a few beers alone and not feel out of place or at least have a mouth watering meal, don't bother.

• Visited April 2013