“Good seafood, casual atmosphere”
Review of Chop House

Chop House
Ranked #497 of 829 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My steak was so salty, I had to send it back. I've NEVER sent anything back before.
Other people at my table were okay with their food.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Food was hot and fresh. Big portions for the money! I would recommend eating here. Hostess and restaurant staff was friendly.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have no idea what these others experienced who are reviewing this as subpar. I asked for the porterhouse and said give me the biggest one you have - as we were told they can cut anything for us. I was not disappointed. All the others in my party ordered various cuts as well and were saying it was one of the best steaks they've had. Given, we had a private party room there but the manager Tandis and the staff were extremely helpful and made us feel at home. The apps were great, sides were great (I recommend the bruschetta app and the asparagus side) - martinis, cocktails and beer were superb.

Is this place the same as a Capital Grille or Mortons? No, I would not put them in that category but they are miles above the basic chains and for my money, I'll go back to a Chophouse over CG any day. If CG and Mortons are your BMW, this place is your Cadillac. I had never been to a Chophouse but this will make me want to go back.

Thank you again to the staff at Chophouse for a great evening!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We ate at the Chophouse for dinner as it was in our hotel. Very large restaurant but very few patrons. As we sat waiting for our food a lady was at the bar just yapping about some experiences she had. Turned out that she was the manager. TMI.
Our food came out and the chicken breast had been over cooked that my hubby had to use a steak knife. To substitute the over cooked chicken breast he was given chicken fingers. The manager did come over and agree to give us complimentary breakfast vouchers.

Breakfast was not a breakfast buffet, as it is only on the weekends. The menu which was given to us was taken back once the waitress realized we were going to use the complimentary cards for breakfast. Another menu with 6 choices was given to us, and many of the good things were not on it. The waitress was sweet and made sure that we understood the complimentary breakfast card took care of food and tax but not her 18% gratuity.
The pancakes were heavy but the whipped butter and syrup were delightful. Bacon and breakfast potatoes were crispy and served hot.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I realize that the sirloin cut is not the best cut of meat, but in a 'fancy' steak house where the prices are so high, you do not expect to get a tough piece of meat. I had to cut my pieces very small just to chew it. I could hear the knife grinding through the tough meat. Yesterday I went to another Chain steakhouse and got a $10 sirloin that melted in my mouth-including a potato and salad. My mother was buying, so I did not want to embarrass her and send it back, but I will not go back there again.

2  Thank ekbell