“Not to be missed!”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 9, 2014

BEST catfish entre in the buffet that I have EVER had! The other entres were GREAT also! Dessert yummy!

There are newer reviews for Deerpark Restaurant

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Made reservations and arrived at the Deerpark. What a beautiful setting and unique building. OH my goodness what a spread for a Sunday Brunch. Omelet bar was fabulous! Made to order with many special fresh ingredients to choose from. Waffle bar, ham, roast, desserts, salads, etc. Service was attentive and chefs were willing to please. Can't wait to go back. But with the price of about $30 per person go hungry and choose a special occasion.

1  Thank Cathy G
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was our first brunch at Deerpark Restaurant and we were very pleased with the meal, choices and service. Their quiche of the day was very good. My husband had the Chilled Low Country Boil and went back for seconds. I went back three times for their Creamy Anson Mills Cheese Grits. Yeah, I know, weird thing to like but these were some of the creamiest grits I ever had. The prime rib was excellent.
Finished off with their homemade vanilla ice cream.
We will go back again for another special occasion brunch.

1  Thank Mountaingirl282
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Well I thought the food was not not good for the money you are spending,I found the waffle to be hard very hard I took only one bite eggs I asked for just scrambled he added Chesse ,I kind of understood this for most people ask for this! I am a desert person
Honestly I didn't like any of it! I made myself try it because my husband spent so much money on this meal! I am sorry it's not worth it even for the atmosphere! I am sorry to say I could have eaten anywhere else and felt better about my experience!

1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We ate at Deerpark last night as part of our New Year's Eve visit to Biltmore. I made the reservations online when I bought my tickets but then called yesterday and changed it without issue to a later time. They were very accommodating.

The atmosphere is very upmarket. Even though the tables are quite close together, the lush seating and high decorated ceilings made it very comfortable.

Our server was very nice. She willingly brought us fruit from the kitchen for our kids when we didn't find any on the buffet. She also brought our coffee in to go cups so we could enjoy it on our way to the house tour.

The food was tasty and not too much. They have found a good balance of offering a buffet whose selections all complement each other. No matter what you chose, the options worked on your plate and didn't leave us feeling sick afterward like a buffet can. The choices for kids were limited but they did have high chairs and coloring books/crayons. We didn't feel out of place with our young kids.

My only complaint was with the carving station and dessert station chefs. After carving a super thin slice of beef for me, he asked 'and for you sir?' to the man behind me. I had wanted something from the turkey board as well for my daughter but clearly, he thought I had enough.

While waiting in the dessert line (which was long because the chef was making s'mores to order) I saw a young man ahead of me politely ask for a small glass to put the egg nog in. Well, the egg nog was actually 'egg nog anglaise' which was meant to be a sauce for the gingerbread pudding. Wow, did she give him the stink eye!?! She unwillingly picked up a bowl and poured a small bit of the sauce from the carafe and gave it to him. He was so pleased and walked away. Then she rolled her eyes and looked at the couple behind him in line with a 'can you believe that?' expression. I thought that was in poor form.

Overall, it was a very good value and a wonderful experience for our family. We would recommend it...just try not to be offended by arrogant chefs.