“Elegant atmosphere...”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My family and I ate at the Deerpark for Sunday Brunch. The server Becky took great care of us. The omelet station was fabulous and so was the chef! The Christmas decorations were quite lovely and the atmosphere was delightfully elegant and charming. It was not overly crowded and we felt that we could take our time and enjoy. The food was presented quite nicely and was well maintained. A lot of the options were rather different than I would normally see on a buffet, so it was nice to be able to try lots of new things.

1  Thank gladacya

Reviewed December 27, 2013

As Biltmore Passholders, my wife and I usually have the Sunday brunch which never disappoints, but our evening dinner prompts me to digress. We decided this trip we would forgo the brunch and have Sunday dinner instead. We looked at the menu on line and was anticipating having prime rib and trout. Guess what, no trout but they substitute catfish instead. Although the catfish encrusted in benne seeds (that's the high falutin' name for sesame seeds), was good, it is not the same flavor or texture as trout. It appears they were stingy with the prime rib as it seems they were having a contest to see if they could slice it deli thin. At least it is a buffet so I did get my exercise making return trips.

When we were seated my wife requested another chair so that she could have a place to put her coat and purse. The waiter said he would see what he could do. After getting our salads she asked again about the chair and was told it wasn't possible! I could understand this answer if the restaurant was full but it was only about 1/4 occupied! My wife was tempted just to grab a chair from one of the adjacent empty tables, but didn't.

The food overall was good but the smashed taters were a bit dry. The dessert was very good as were the cajun spiced boiled shrimp. And the shrimp was the saving grace here because I did get my fill. I say this only because the next day we decided to tour the Biltmore House, which as annual passholders, we sometimes skip seeing the house, I noticed that they offer the exact same menu for lunch during the holiday season on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for $17.95 with only the shrimp being AWOL. This same menu sans shrimp for $39 is no bargain at dinner, and I doubt even I ate $21.05 worth of shrimp (although I tried!)

Somehow, I feel this visit I was cheated.

2  Thank SouthernOEM
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This restaurant is located on the grounds of the Biltmore Estate. The servers were friendly and attentive. The food was unique and creative, especially the salads. For example the roasted carrot and parsnip salad contained marcona almonds, cranberries with a sage vinaigrette. The dessert choices were red velvet cheesecake, pear-vanilla tart with pistachio crumble, sweet potato beignets, lime shortbread with white chocolate and almonds, and chocolate peanut toffee! The selection of food was large and the chef was glad to share any recipes if asked. The service hours are limited so it would be best to check before dining.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We made a late evening stop with our bus tour for a buffet dinner. The people were very accommodating. The chicken was too thin and dry. The fish was very strong. The roast beef was good. Mashed potatoes were dry. Sausage dressing was very good. The hominy/corn salad had almost no hominy. Green beans were very undercooked. There were no dessert pies. Service was very friendly and attentive. I guess one takes ones chances with buffets, especially late in the evening. The Christmas decoration were attractive.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

While visiting the Biltmore we ate the Deerpark restaurant. We were very impressed with the unique selection of food on the buffet and the unique atmosphere. It was beautifully decorated for Christmas and even had live music. For lunch it was $18 a person, and for dinner we were told it was $40 a person. I would definitely recommend eating at Deerpark while you are visiting the Biltmore.