“Girl's Weekend”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: A local farm to table brewpub located in the heart of Downtown Asheville, NC.
Harahan, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Girl's Weekend”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My best friend needed to get away and we went to Asheville,NC on a whim. Sitting at the LAB's bar (smoke free inside), in walks three of the best looking men I have seen in a long time. Beer was great, brewed on site, and the company was even better.

• Visited July 2011

Atlanta
“Noisy, so-so beer”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This is a crowded noisy microbrew house, and we could not figure out why anyone was drinking the beer. I guess the most interesting thing about LAB is the great logo, and people watching. We decided to order the IPA. Then we sent it back to make sure it was actually an IPA bc it tasted of nothing close to hops, and ordered a flight so we could find something we liked. (The waitress and service was great, and earned her nice tip.) My husband wound up drinking something else -- maybe the 'american'? that was closer to hoppy than the IPA. I drank water. Sad.

• Visited June 2011
Southport, North Carolina
“Great food, beer can be hit or miss”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I've eaten here twice now. Both times the food was fantastic. First time they didn't have their usual amount of beers on tap. Second time they had full taps, and I found one that made it into my top 5 favorite beers of all time, but also some that were disappointing. I love the atmosphere and openness feel when they have the front windows/walls/doors up and open to the street. Great place to people watch if you can get a seat out front.

• Visited July 2011
“Good burger, great beers”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Had lunch on a busy Sat afternoon. Burgers were good, fries a bit stale but they replaced them. Great beers, interesting crowd.

Winter Park, Florida
“Ho Hum.”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Not worth a dinner. Beer was very good but not much else. Average food at best and wait staff was less than average.

Visited July 2011